IGNORED

Departing from VR.org

naturbar

Well gents and ladies, my yearly subscription is just about due and some here may remember that I totaled my bike last December...... My wife was with me when it happened and she is done riding. 98% of my riding was two up, so I won't be riding anymore either.

This forum and family have been wonderful and the technical assistance to be found here is second to none as well as those who comprise this family.

I didn't restart riding until I was 60 yrs. old and I had a blast for the past 7 years. It's not easy to give up riding nor to say goodbye to everyone here but it's time.

My hat is off to Don for all his hard work and dedication for making this the world class forum that it is.....as well as many who have helped me personally (SkyDoc comes to mind).

So it is with heavy heart that I bid you all farewell. Everyone ride safely and enjoy the breeze in your face. May God bless ya'll richly.

Buz Rutan

Maranatha

Its not that easy to get rid of family.

Just because you are not riding does not mean you can not be part of this family.

There is nothing that will be held against you if you show up at events in a cage.

yep what he said.

sooooo, when a Meet & greet and eat is called , your going to show up right?, Man you have to have figured this out by now, sure Bikes are a passion, but this family, ( all of us )

we are here together, for the love of each other. This family is in your blood, and we in yours.WALKING AWAY FROM US IN NOT AN OPTION

Ummmmm,,, ah oh,, you been around here since 08 Natty - been a contributor of the finest type - have participated in many stories with your feet propped up at the camp fire of conversation so you know the forum rules as well as anyone here,, NO :photographing:'s = IT DID NOT (could not, can not) HAPPEN!! Ah ah ah ahhhhhhh,, no turning back,, you didnt show a pic of you and your lovely wife waving bye bye so now your stuck with us:big-grin-emoticon: FOREVER!!!!!! :scared:

I gotta agree with all the earlier posters on this one my friend!! :thumbsup:

Testing my memory here... We're you the one who got a Miata? If so stick around and give us an update!

Whatever you do; I wish you the best and many blessings!

It was me that got the Miata. In fact, I got another one since and am even looking at a third one. They are kind of like potato chips and 1st gens( have two), ya just can't have one.

Yep, this a family and also like Hotel California, you can't leave.

Randy

This is very sad and you are not the first. BUT you know you don't have to leave and neither does anyone else. We have a topic area for Gold Wing owners or trikes, Gun owner ship has even been discussed with enthusiasm amongst members here why not one for those going to four wheels, like a roadster, ( Mazda Miata, MG's Triumph TR3's 4's, 6's. BMW M3, Honda 2000) or Mustang convertibles, Camaro's, Corvette's. Yes this is a bike forum but why not set aside one thread to keep our friends and family here with us. Many of us own sports cars as well as a bike. I own a mustang Gt Turbo I'm restoring. What do other members think of this?

New side and hood pinstripes 2013.jpg

What's this about being MC site???? it's family, and you just can't go that easy.

First you have to tell us what we did wrong.

Then you have to come up with a real excuse.

After that you have to hold a M&G so that you can be properly 'honoured'.

And only after that,,,, if everybody agrees,,,, you may hide out for a while.

This is very sad and you are not the first. BUT you know you don't have to leave and neither does anyone else. We have a topic area for Gold Wing owners or trikes, Gun owner ship has even been discussed with enthusiasm amongst members here why not one for those going to four wheels, like a roadster, ( Mazda Miata, MG's Triumph TR3's 4's, 6's. BMW M3, Honda 2000) or Mustang convertibles, Camaro's, Corvette's. Yes this is a bike forum but why not set aside one thread to keep our friends and family here with us. Many of us own sports cars as well as a bike. I own a mustang Gt Turbo I'm restoring. What do other members think of this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98757[/ATTACH]

TOTALLY :sign green with env:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon: ROCK AN ROLL WOW ZZZZ WOW WOW WOW TAKE ME FOR A RIDE HECK YEA - THATS WHAT I THINK ABOUT THAT PB&J!! Now that you have :witch_brew: I HAVE to ask,, does your Stang have one of those 2.4/2.2 liter motors like in the "Capri" or is that, by chance, a turbo 302 (no idea if Ford ever made such a critter).. Either way,, BAD TO THE BONE FLAT GORGEOUS!! :guitarist 2:

Dont know about needing more area's to discuss stuff but I do know that I have heard everything from Apple Pie to Zinnia colored draperies figured out at one time or another right here at the ol Water Hole... :witch_brew:

you can't leave here, they suck you in saying it's a motorcycle site then you become family and they won't let you go.
:beer:

Ahhhh family life, so much more to it than riding around with two wheels and a motor bouncing betwix our feet eay Bill!! :fnd_(16)::witch_brew::fishin::178::happy65::stickpoke::rasberry::cold::sun1::2cents::moon::no-no-no::8::crackup::sign67::detective::smash2::rotfl::confused24::rant::think::buttkick::ignore::scratchchin::doh::happy34::backinmyday::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Natty, IMHO, another perfect example of the underlying message being talked about here can be seen in this video. I happen to know that more than one person showed up without a motorcycle at this amazing VR Family outing. The cause was great and the family love was strong as we pulled together in unity toward a common goal - helping the kids at St. Judes. What I am saying, and I think the others here may be saying too, is that there is so much more to VR than motorcycling and that you and your wife will be missed if you choose to depart.. Also know, that if you do you will always be welcome back, bike or no bike!!

Maranatha

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

I tried that sneaking out today but it wouldn't let me post to Skid's Prayer thread til I coughed up the bucks for Dues!!! Had to get a loan from the Warden but I got it done!!! Ya got any idea what she charges for Interest?? Shamefull!!!

??

yes its the 2.3 but don't let that fool ya. These engines are incredibly strong.( some have been built to over 1000hp. My goal 300rwhp) In 84 the Ford SVO made 195 BHP. That was only 5 hp off the Corvette of the same year with a 350ci. V8. My car was rated at 145hp stock. That was equivalent to the V6 Camaro. But my car has been modified with an intercooler and a flow through exhaust so its making a lot more horsepower. I haven't had it dynoed yet because its been at a body shop the last 11 months for a total restoration. But with the engine mods and some suspense modifications the car is a kick to drive. Its no dragster, it loves curves and can pull some incredible G forces in the curves. heres a pick of it doing laps at Watkins Glen R2nd lap!.jpgaceway

Thanks to all who posted with well wishes, encouragement and advice. I'm almost convinced to sign up for another year and see what you all are doin'.

I actually have the next best thing to ride now that I have no bike.....check it out. I don't know what happened to the audio ?? But it's a 1977 MGB Vermillion Red, 1.8L engine, twin SU carbs, rebuilt engine 11K miles ago, Datsun 240Z wheels.

Edited by naturbar

Well there is no reason for you to leave. Your membership was paid by a friend who wanted you to hang around. :)

I am humbled, thanks to the friend for their generosity and caring.. Just like a family member to step in and step up. It's difficult for me knowing that I'm done riding, for I truly enjoyed the whole riding experience and sharing that special time with my wife. Well it seems I'll be around for awhile thanks to my friend.......again a heartfelt thank you.

Thanks you Don for passing this along.

well I hope Don will accept my suggestion for a car topic here for all us members who have a love of sporty four wheel objects as well. Love the 240Z a car i wanted my son to get into. He's worked on plenty. Come on Boss give us a four wheel topic thread.Plllleeeaaasseeee!