IGNORED

First start of the day seems to run on 2 cyclinders

For the second time this week on the first start of the day, with the coke all the way out, engine fires right up with a good fast idle, when I drop it in first and start off it will stumble badly and fire off a few backfires, seems to running on 2 cylinders this will continue to happen till the engine is completely warmed up. Tried putting choke lever in and out no effect. The choke lever has had some issues in the past, sometimes it will not stay out when it is cold, but it does not fell like a choke problem to me, more like a fuel or bad coil problem to me. 51 k do not know when fuel filter has been changed last, this is my second year of owning the bike. will try changing fuel filter first, looking for some help in solving this problem open for any suggestions Thanks

Are you dropping it in gear and taking off with the choke full on or are you taking the choke full off before you take off.

My bike is also kind of cold blooded. I start it with full choke which gives me around 3,000 RPM, I let it run there while I put on my gear. I then reduce choke to about 1500 RPM and take off. for the next mile or so if I get on it to hard it will cough and sputter a bit, just have to drive gently that first mile, then I can take the choke all the way off and it is fine. This is only when it is fairly cool out, below 40°F Above that I only need half choke to start the bike and as soon as I hit second gear the choke comes all the way off and its ready to go.

When was the last time you synced the carbs? One carb way out of sync could very well not be running opr running weakly at idle the cold will make it more noticeable.