IGNORED

Changing to daylight savings time, or, how to tell if old age is creeping in..

cowpuc

Seems like springing forward to daylight savings time gets more and more complicated every year. We have vaulted ceilings so I dragged in the ladder from the garage, cleaned off the feet on the ladder, set it up in living room, pulled the clock in the living room, handed it to Tip - she cleans it, I install new batteries, move it ahead an hour, rehang and move the operation into our bedroom.. Reset the ladder, climb up, pull down the clock, hand it to Tip, she cleans it, I do battery change, reclimb ladder, balance on one foot and get that stupid little open spot on back of clock lined up, finally lines up - center clock and climb down - perfect. While folding up ladder Tip looks at me - chuckles and asked why I didnt move the clock forward an hour..

As I ponder the many appointments I would have been late for as the summer of 2015 progress's had it not been for this lovely lady of mine, I once again realize how fully I have been blessed and I also have an even deeper understanding of why God said it is not good for man to be alone!!

At our home we have Yerger Time. I have to set the clock 15 minutes ahead to have Ron be on time to any where we are going. We actually are always late any way because no one tells Ron to be anywhere at a certain time. After 42 years of marriage I just go along with his system, because it just is not worth the stress.

I think I do feel better now that there is more sunlight in the evening however. I am so glad Spring is not that far away.

Another reason for all of you guys to join me in AZ, ride year 'round and no daylight savings.

Yep...been here for over 40 years.....don't think I could remember to change clock time twice a year. Geesh. Too much other stuff to do!

Angelo....I'll try to remember to give you a shout if I ride up north....maybe you can join us!

All that work, and no mention of changing the batteries in the smoke detectors. Hmm I have to get the manual out and figure out how to change the clock on the 2nd Gen.

Ours are 110V and hard wired DJ, BUT VERY GOOD POINT!!!

Ours are 110V and hard wired DJ, BUT VERY GOOD POINT!!!

Did you know that many hardwired 110V smoke detectors still have a battery backup? that way they warn you of an electrical fire that also took out the power. That backup battery still needs to get changed occasionally.

Yep...been here for over 40 years.....don't think I could remember to change clock time twice a year. Geesh. Too much other stuff to do!

Angelo....I'll try to remember to give you a shout if I ride up north....maybe you can join us!

Sounds like a plan to me.