Well the bearings I originally ordered for this project arrived today. I am just going to remove the bearings now in the replacement wheel (the outer race of the needle bearing is in the original wheel forever I'm afraid) this weekend. I'm just too bushed to start thatjob tonight. I can ride the Road Star till the VR is up and running.

Well the bearings I originally ordered for this project arrived today. I am just going to remove the bearings now in the replacement wheel (the outer race of the needle bearing is in the original wheel forever I'm afraid) this weekend. I'm just too bushed to start that job tonight. I can ride the Road Star till the VR is up and running.

OK I got the old bearings out, the new ones in and while it was off I took the wheel down to a guy that mounted and balanced my new tire (from Amazon) for a KILLER price!!! So it's out to the shop to put it back together, hopefully I can go for a ride tomorrow!

Edited by dna9656

I checked the U-joint and all looked well; nice and tight, it was pretty clean in there too. I have the wheels back on, everything tightened IAW the book. I'm looking for that little black bracket that holds the lock in place on the right side saddle bag, the little, tiny screw that holds the bracket to the lock is MIA too. I had to remove the lock because it wouldn't turn far enough to get the saddle bag off the bike....I think I will be riding tomorrow night! I picked up some Stainless Steel screws that hold the windshield. These are a touch longer so they start a bit easier. I have new seals for the elbow by the water pump, I hope to install these soon; the leak is pretty slow but nevertheless it's a leak....

The needle bearing in this 2nd wheel...the needles don't rotate at all... NORMAL? I replaced the 2 bearings in the wheel but not the outer needle bearing in the drive, Yamaha says it rarely needs replacing...any thoughts on that?