IGNORED

Life Sucks

Huggy

Well, tough weekend. First junior finally moved to Canadian Forces Base Gagetown in New Brunswick to take up his hew posting with the Canadian Forces. Also he also has been promoted from Master Corporal to Sargent. His new position is that of Instructor. He will be training Water, Oil, Fuel Technicians. It's hard to belive eight years ago he was in Gagetown taking this course now he will be teaching it :yikes:. And there was 4.5 feet of snow on the ground to greet him and his family when he got there :snow2:. So now our next job is to start planning a trip down east :bikersmilie:.

Also I turned 65 on Sunday:crying:. And I found it very depressing actually. :bawling: Now I get to live on a small government pension. Whoopee!!! :dancefool: Some tough decisions will have to be made as to what we will have to give up doing and what we can actually keep doing. Will probably get rid of the old 83 GMC pickup. It's pretty hard on gas and the wife's car is on it's last legs so we need to replace it. And I'll get rid of the boat, dockage fees are a killer. Whoopee!!! :mo money: If we lived in warmer climes I would go with a side car for wife and Killer. So I'll spend my time looking for a way to make some extra money. I'd get a real job but my doctor says not with my back and arthritis in my shoulder and my other shoulder never recovered from the torn rotor cup I suffered last winter.

So life goes on and we will deal with each day as it comes along. about all we have going for us is a wonderful wife and being bloody stubborn!!!! I'll feel better when spring comes and we can get back in the garage and have the bike out for a run. :15_8_211[1]: And so life goes on. That's my whine for today.Thank you. :fiddle:

There is a country song called "Sounds like life to me" that came to my mind as I read your post. Yeah, sometimes life is not always as fun and rosy as we think it should be, but as I read your comments, I saw a lot that you have where you have been very blessed. I know I am not saying anything that you don't already know.

I am now 64 and enjoying my life more now than I can ever remember. In the last few years I have gone through some things that were downright scary for me, but with friends and family and a very special person, all I can say is "Life is good".

I wish you the best.

Randy

Randy

I turn 68 at end of May. It's hard to believe that in 2 years I will be 70! I don't feel anywhere near my age but I must look it as younger people offer their seat to me on the bus. Similar to Randy, I am enjoying life much more now than ever before. I attribute that to my life with my wife Nina since 2005 and that my health and financial stability is still good. Not ready to retire any time soon. I feel for those less fortunate as life has not always been like this for me.

I am about 20 min from Base Gagetown, so I know how he feels with the amount of snow we had this year. If you do come down on the scoot, give me a call and I could show you the area.:cool10:

Edited by Bert2006

Been 65 now a couple of times over,,,, maybe the more often you get to celebrate that milestone the less it seems to affect the brain. Got to say though, it's been fun and interesting. Lots to keep me busy and a wife that looks after me,,, boy can she cook!!!! and other things as well. It's one day at a time, plan too far ahead and somebody will come along to spoil those plans,,, but oh well,,, I'm retired so if it don't happen today, there is always tomorrow,,, and if tomorrow don't come for me, I will be happier than if it did,,,,, not that I want to move on, but I don't have too much to say over that, so I let Him be governor over that.

Congratulations for your Son getting such a goo Job that's more than half the battle right there. Now the Snow, well you guys have to be accustomed to that it would be much worse news for me, I haven't seen much of that since I left Michigan in '79 and that was one reason I got out of there, there just wasn't enough snow to enjoy it, just black slush on the side of the roads.

I worked until 5 months after my 69th birthday and I filed for SS right after that birthday thinking my job was ending. Then last year worked for 4 1/2 months at age 70. I may work again but my resume is rather long now and it is getting harder to get a temporary contract engineering job. And I'm not looking as hard. I've been looking at what we can reduce. If both of you are retired, you could get by with one car. We have 3. We have an 18' boat that sits in the back yard and the public ramp is free. My wife is still working since I robbed the cradle last time I got married. We can cut but haven't done so yet.

Oh, I was pulling on a lug wrench taking off my truck tire a couple years ago and pulled my right arm out of the shoulder socket. It hurt like heck and my use of it was limited for a while but it healed by itself. I never went to a doctor. I've been a lucky sob! Hope my luck continues!

I hit 70 a couple of months ago SilvrT, but seem to feel like 80. After just putting my 90 yr. old father into a care home, I guess that's what did it of which the stress of putting him there just seems to be a bit much. In less that a week and a half, he went from taking care of his self and still drove a car; that car was just donated to Kars4Kids today as it was an old car with a lot of mileage, and just wanted to do something for the kids! But as my mother passed away 15 yrs. ago, my dad has just gotten lonely and wants to be with her now. This happened 5 weeks ago and because of the stress (long story as to why), I've lost 30 lbs. in that time, and my BP which use to run in the high 120's over the high 60's was only 87 over 51 today. Anyway, lot's of red tape as he wasn't a rich man, so glad your doing well and like everybody has been telling me, just take it one day at a time, take care.

Not many of our fathers make it to 90. You are lucky to have him around this long. It's very sad but it is something we all face. We do all we can do but we cannot stop time and fate. My father had a cardiac arrest at age 79. He was revived but not soon enough to prevent serious brain damage and he spent the last 3 months of his life in a nursing home with a feeding tube in his stomach and not very much memory of his family or anything else. I wish he had not been resuscitated because of the suffering he went through the last 3 months of his life.

I wish he had not been resuscitated because of the suffering he went through the last 3 months of his life.

I know this is a very controversial and political subject but I'm 100% FOR the "Dying With Dignity" and other such movements.

(Let's not let this turn into a political discussion now coz we all know what will happen to this thread)

I retired 2 years ago,mainly because of a heart attack,and decided that I had worked long enough,I started working when I was 12 on a farm,50 years of busting my butt and knuckles was plenty,plus I couldn`t crawl around in and out of cars anymore,my wife and I sold our expensive house(to ME LOL) and bought a Manufactured home,much cheaper to deal with,and now we have enough money to live on and do a lot of things we couldn`t do before.I`m a firm believer that good things come to he who waits---Good Luck.:bighug:

I wish he had not been resuscitated because of the suffering he went through the last 3 months of his life.

There are living wills filed at our local hospital - "do not resusitate"

My only concern is that if I go first, my wife will find out what I really paid for my wood tools

There are living wills filed at our local hospital - "do not resusitate"

My only concern is that if I go first, my wife will find out what I really paid for my wood tools

My Dad fell in the yard. When the EMTs got there they resuscitated him like they are trained to do. Afterwards, in the hospital he was on a ventilator and the doctors told my family there was almost no brain activity and recommended we take him off the ventilator. My sisters wouldn't hear of it. Later in the nursing home we left instructions to not go to any extraordinary means to keep him alive if he had another heart attack and that is what happened 3 months later after they had to tie his hands down to keep him from pulling out his feeding tube. It had to be a terrible 3 months for him. Today is his birthday.

I retired at the end of 2013 at 62, and soon to be 64 next month. I decided to go ahead and apply for my SS benefits at 63. The extra money is great and I could have waited to 65 to get my full retirement dollars, but I figured I better get my name was in the hat before it isn't there..(no further discussion needed on this subject)...

I was doing great at the beginning of my retirement, but by February 2014 I was getting antsy sitting in the house all the time because of the winter cold. Had to wait until end of March beginning of April to get outside and spent a lot of time doing things around the house that I could not do since we lived in other states during my employment. I did ride more that I ever did, and even had a trip out west planned. Found out my son and his wife were coming over from Australia, so I cancelled the trip out west because of obvious reasons. After three weeks they returned to Australia. Next thing I know I rolled my John Deer Trackto over on me and was in bed for about three weeks, and after all this time passed, Im still sore today from it. Damaged some nerves in my right back/ hip area. Anyway, I did jump on the bike now and then when I felt I could handle it and then this passing winter was just approaching. This winter has been very unusual as we all know, so for the past few months I once again have been sitting in the house doing not much of anything, board to death. I do take every chance I can to get out and ride as some have seen my pictures posted of my rides, but man I cant wait to get out and ride this year..:twing:

I have heard a road has two ends and I want to find them both..

Edited by Eck

I retired 2 years ago,mainly because of a heart attack,and decided that I had worked long enough,I started working when I was 12 on a farm,50 years of busting my butt and knuckles was plenty,plus I couldn`t crawl around in and out of cars anymore,my wife and I sold our expensive house(to ME LOL) and bought a Manufactured home,much cheaper to deal with,and now we have enough money to live on and do a lot of things we couldn`t do before.I`m a firm believer that good things come to he who waits---Good Luck.:bighug:

The "other end" of that story is .... We've been renting for the past 10 or 12 years. Couldn't afford a "regular" home around here and rent is quite expensive so we decided to purchase a manufactured home with plans to pay it off within 3 years just so we could afford to retire and still maintain some semblance of a reasonable existence. Pad rent in a mobile home park is much more affordable.

I'm a firm believer that all things happen for reasons although we don't always realize what the reason was until much later.

Rich99 87 over 51 blood pressure is low. If it were to fall any lower say when standing from a sitting position you could easily pass out. I would not like to hear of you being hurt in an accident or some such thing. Visit your doctor and cardiologist. If they do not pay attention get new ones. Methods for raising blood pressure are not as common as for lowering it but they do exist. Go ahead. Ask me how I know this.

Mike

Well, tough weekend. First junior finally moved to Canadian Forces Base Gagetown in New Brunswick to take up his hew posting with the Canadian Forces. Also he also has been promoted from Master Corporal to Sargent. His new position is that of Instructor. He will be training Water, Oil, Fuel Technicians. It's hard to belive eight years ago he was in Gagetown taking this course now he will be teaching it :yikes:. And there was 4.5 feet of snow on the ground to greet him and his family when he got there :snow2:. So now our next job is to start planning a trip down east :bikersmilie:.

Also I turned 65 on Sunday:crying:. And I found it very depressing actually. :bawling: Now I get to live on a small government pension. Whoopee!!! :dancefool: Some tough decisions will have to be made as to what we will have to give up doing and what we can actually keep doing. Will probably get rid of the old 83 GMC pickup. It's pretty hard on gas and the wife's car is on it's last legs so we need to replace it. And I'll get rid of the boat, dockage fees are a killer. Whoopee!!! :mo money: If we lived in warmer climes I would go with a side car for wife and Killer. So I'll spend my time looking for a way to make some extra money. I'd get a real job but my doctor says not with my back and arthritis in my shoulder and my other shoulder never recovered from the torn rotor cup I suffered last winter.

So life goes on and we will deal with each day as it comes along. about all we have going for us is a wonderful wife and being bloody stubborn!!!! I'll feel better when spring comes and we can get back in the garage and have the bike out for a run. :15_8_211[1]: And so life goes on. That's my whine for today.Thank you. :fiddle:

Happy or sad is often a matter of choice. You have a son who is doing well. The snow will eventually melt. You have reached the age of 65 and get to retire. You are still able to ride the motorcycle. Shed the excess and be happy. Or I will be forced to be happy for you.

Mike