IGNORED

Poll time: Do you like or dislike loud pipes? COME ONE - COME ALL!!

cowpuc

I am bored too and may as well take this poll and tell the world that I  

295 members have voted

1. 1. I am bored too and may as well take this poll and tell the world that I

• Like my bike so quiet I can hear the oil moving thru its engine.
    • Like to be able to hear my exhaust while at highway speeds.
    • Like my bikes exhaust to be heard from 1 mile away.
    • Like all bikes to be so quiet I can hear the oil moving thru their engines.
    • Like others bikes to be loud enough I can keep track of them when riding together.
    • Avoid riding behind others who have loud bikes.
    • Get my ear as close to others open headers as possible when riding with them.
    • Believe that loud pipes save lives.
    • Believe that only V-Twin motorcycles should have loud pipes.
    • Miss the sounds of 2 stroke triple cylinder Kawasaki 500 and 750's roaming the streets.

Been a while since I had the pleasure of voting in a poll and thought this might be fun.. Come one, come all - tell us thru the polls how you REALLY feel about our motorcycles and the exhaust tones they make.. Don't be shy now, even if you don't usually participate on VR with posts of your own - YOUR thoughts matter here!!

Oh yea, I tried to set this up so we can vote yes on all of them if we so choose!!

Edited by cowpuc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 81 GS 550 with four into one that I pulled the baffle from when I was 23 that would ring my ears. Loved that bike.

I hear that Ben!! I've fired a few shots with the SOHC 750 Honda's thru the years, sticking em in chopper frames.. Aint nothing sounds a purdy as 4/4 properly tuned 7 fiddy Honda rapped up till its valves are floating and then slam her shut!!

Here is news paper shot of the same bike as the pics below before I raked it out for the 18 over.. Also, the journalist who wrote the article for the paper obviously didnt know a DOHC from a SOHC - Honda's last SOHC was 78.. Writers,, sheesshhhhh....

Bike Time gets off to roaring start despite weather, changes in features | MLive.com

ti3 (15).JPG

ti3 (7).JPG

Well, in all my "Venturing" over the last 8-9 years I haven't been able to make either of mine "loud" per se. I had a set of unpacked Bubs, followed by a set of hole-sawed HD Road Kings on the first one, and I've got a set of packed Roadhouse slipons with this one. Neither come any ways close to the sound of my old '03 Roadstar with Cobra's on it. My son had a 750 Shadow with Long Shots on it and I couldn't stand to ride behind him. I do long for the sound of a 750-4 with a Kerker on it!! Thanks for the poll puc.

For local street riding I love my loud pipes, for long hauls quiet is king. I had a 750 triple cafe racer back in high school:thumbsup2:

You probably only weighed 110 lbs wet back than too!! They didnt call those sweet Kawi's the Widow Maker for nothing,, I bet you RULED the Universe back than!!

I SOOOOOO miss hearing them ripping up the asphalt!! Only thing that even comes close nowadays is the sound of a mighty Arcticat Thundercat giving the sled trails the what for!!!

You probably only weighed 110 lbs wet back than too!! They didnt call those sweet Kawi's the Widow Maker for nothing,, I bet you RULED the Universe back than!!

I SOOOOOO miss hearing them ripping up the asphalt!! Only thing that even comes close nowadays is the sound of a mighty Arcticat Thundercat giving the sled trails the what for!!!

Yep, wasn't much around that could keep up. T-Cats are quick with a mean growl but won't stand up to these new 4 stroke hotrod sleds.

There was a time that I liked loud pipes a lot. Most of my previous bikes had loud pipes. I had a set of Screamin Eagles on my Venture and it had a really nice growl. One day about 5 or 6 years ago, I was riding with other Venture owners and we were at a State Park overlook and were just about ready to saddle up. No one had yet even started their bike. I looked over and this cute little girl about 5 or 6 years old was standing with her parents with her hands tightly pressed over her ears to protect her from the pending assault to her hearing. At that very moment I decided that I no longer wanted to be 'that guy'. I found a set of stock pipes and gave my Screamin Eagles to a friend who didn't mind being obnoxious. I am a fan of the freedom to choose as a motorcyclist. Wear a helmet of you want... don't if you don't. All about personal choice. But when it comes to loud pipes, I wish there was greater enforcement of noise ordinances. Our rights should not infringe on the rights of others to be free from obnoxious noise. Loud pipes save lives. Pleeeeze!

OK... done... :soapbox: :biker:

I tried various mufflers on my '06 RSMV ... never could really get the sound I wanted. Got a set of D&D mufflers on my Vic ... now THAT sounds like I want it to! Not too loud, a nice rumble while cruisin and a noticeable rap when I get on it. Could have something to do with V-twin vs V-4 :scratchchin: That said tho, I had a set of Cobra mufflers and Torq-Tubes on my Wing and it sounded great.

My personal liking of loud pipes is usually in the long stroke engines. A true V-twin something with torque quite like the old big block automotive engines they have to thump where you feel it in your chest. All the short stroke engines do not sound right to me with loud pipes and sorry to say the sound of my venture with its slash cut exhaust just does not sound as good as my V-twins. I really like my virago 750 with its jardines as it has a nice bark to it but not too loud like other who pull the baffles out. My Harley and its screaming eagle baloney cut sound great but are a little to loud but and in my opinion even the old thumper singles make my heart skip a beat.

I don't mind a little low bass rumble, but I want to be able to hear my music

Hey Puc You left this one out for a choice.. I like to know it sounds like a bike but I don't want it loud enough to bother anyone including me. Like Skid I want to be able to hear my navigator and the tunes but I like a little rumble when I get on it..