IGNORED

Need help finding the lowest price on a NEW Radiator.

Hello to all, I have a 2002 Venture Midnight and last year around late July my Radiator started leaking around the plastic top mounting pin. I tried sealing it from the outside and that failed. So then I attempted to Run Only Distilled Water with Redline Water Wetter and K-Seal radiator sealant. As it did SLOW down the leak....it did not stop the leak. I got fed up enough with it to justify just purchasing a new radiator, but WOW are the prices of a new one high. I really don't want a used one and like the idea of a fresh clean new one. I wanted to see if any of you all on here have shopped for them also and where to look for one for the lowest price. So far the lowest price that I have found is $297 + tax and shipping. Thank you for any help you can give me.

I haven't, and as that would be a good idea, this radiator since yamaha was kind enough to not have a guard on it from the factory so the fins and rows are all bent up and I would just like a new clean one that I can put an E-bay $45 guard on.

The bad thing is your stuck. The radiators only fit one machine, so sort of a special made kind of thing and a very small market. Far as I know it would be to much fabricating to maybe find something "close" and make it work. Also the like 05 thru 09 Tour Deluxe use the same radiator, so might be worth a look see. You never know they might be a tick cheaper.

That is a very very good point. I just hate the fact that I can buy one for a car that is 3 times as big, for 1/3 as much. I am going to take it to a few local radiator shops here in the NW side of Cincinnati and see what the verdict is. In the end if all else fails, I will drop the $325+ for a shiny new one.....but certainly put some kind of a guard over the front of it. Thank you to all who posted.

Depends on where its leaking as to weather or not it can be fixed. Tubes can be fixed. Problem with these and newer car radiators are the tanks are "clamped" in and they are plastic. So if for some reason they wiggle around or something to dislodge the tank from the core, they are done.

My radiator went porous and you could see several damp places around the fins. I took it to a local radiator repairer and had it re-cored it was quite expensive, about 300 dollars in your money but a new one was about twice that or more. I have had it on now for about two years and it is fine. (Touch wood).