IGNORED

Clutch Swap

So first I'd like to give a big Thank You to skydoc_17 for the clutch upgrade kit. I ordered it from him late Thursday night and he shipped it first thing Friday morning, received it Monday afternoon. I know he doesn't control the post office, but his promptness got it in my hands faster than I was really expecting it.

I didnt have time to do it until yesterday and today was the first time I got to ride it for more than a quick test drive. Prior to the swap, when I would accelerate aggressively it would flair up a little, not bad but definitely there. After the swap, I throttled her for all she had and couldn't even pick up the slightest hint of a slip. The clutch discs I took out were not even worn out but the ridiculous half disc was worn enough that all of the grooves were gone. I changed all the discs, figured no sense in taking it apart only to put old stuff back in.

Once again I'm glad this forum exists, wouldn't have even thought to look for a better spring, let alone replace that stupid half disc. If anyone is considering upgrading on just in need of changing their clutch, I highly recommend that kit. Cleaning all the old gasket off takes longer than changing the parts did, so don't put it off if you're worried about the time.