IGNORED

Odd thing........

This afternoon while I was out enjoying a beautiful :sun: sunny ride :stirthepot: I had stopped for coffee and when I left the coffee shop my dash was lit up but no speedo no fuel bars or trip meter.

Got home, shut it off for a minute then restarted it.... everything back.

Ideas :think:? Anyone else seen this on a second gen?

That's because you shouldn't be out riding at this time of year in Canada.. (says he, still locked under 4 inches of ice and a couple of feet frozen snow on the east coast.. sigh) ;)

I've had that happen to me before a couple of time, not sure if it was just gremlins of part of the ignition system issues I was suffering. Once that problem was sorted the problem never returned..

This is PEI...

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/PEI/ID/2654524972/

I was thinking it might be an issue with your ignition switch, is your key getting warm?

Brian

BTW trying to decide on summer rides,and trying to figure out details....whats the ferry cost to get a bike to the island?

@friesman

I think about $35 each way Brian, bike and rider. I use the US ferry systems more than the Canadian ones so it has been at least a year since I was on a BC ferry. Even with the value of the Canadian dollar being low it is still worth traveling the US as over all costs are that much less for food, fuel and lodging.

I was thinking it might be an issue with your ignition switch, is your key getting warm?

Brian

BTW trying to decide on summer rides,and trying to figure out details....whats the ferry cost to get a bike to the island?

http://www.bcferries.com/files/fares/pdf_format/BCF_Fares.pdf

Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay (Vancouver to Victoria)

Looks like $26.25 for the bike and $16.25 for rider plus taxes one way.