IGNORED

RSV rack added to my RSTD

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: I hope this post finds everyone well. The snow cover finally left for a bit. A few 70 degree teaser days arrived. Allowing me the ability to move my bike to my employers heated shop. I have always wanted grab handles for my young Grandson to hold on to. After months of searching I finally found an RSV rack, side rails and grab handles. I was on call all weekend and could not Venture far. So I removed my Harley trunk and Wompus rack and installed the RSV rack. Mounted the grab handles and trunk. Very pleased with the outcome. Enjoyed turning wrenches with the 9 year old. Patrolman46 stopped by to chat during the process. Come on Spring!!!!!

• 1 year later...
Hello Everyone: I hope this post finds everyone well. The snow cover finally left for a bit. A few 70 degree teaser days arrived. Allowing me the ability to move my bike to my employers heated shop. I have always wanted grab handles for my young Grandson to hold on to. After months of searching I finally found an RSV rack, side rails and grab handles. I was on call all weekend and could not Venture far. So I removed my Harley trunk and Wompus rack and installed the RSV rack. Mounted the grab handles and trunk. Very pleased with the outcome. Enjoyed turning wrenches with the 9 year old. Patrolman46 stopped by to chat during the process. Come on Spring!!!!![/quoted I'm interested if your conversion over to a RSV rack is still holding out OK. I have a 2005 RSTD with the factory Yamaha back rest and would like to convert over to a unit with a rear trunk. I was wondering if a rack from RSV is totally interchangeable over to my RSTD, utilizing the quick disconnect clips. Any thoughts? What kind of price should I expect for a used RSV rack?

Hello Everyone: I hope this post finds everyone well. The snow cover finally left for a bit. A few 70 degree teaser days arrived. Allowing me the ability to move my bike to my employers heated shop. I have always wanted grab handles for my young Grandson to hold on to. After months of searching I finally found an RSV rack, side rails and grab handles. I was on call all weekend and could not Venture far. So I removed my Harley trunk and Wompus rack and installed the RSV rack. Mounted the grab handles and trunk. Very pleased with the outcome. Enjoyed turning wrenches with the 9 year old. Patrolman46 stopped by to chat during the process. Come on Spring!!!!![/quoted I'm interested if your conversion over to a RSV rack is still holding out OK. I have a 2005 RSTD with the factory Yamaha back rest and would like to convert over to a unit with a rear trunk. I was wondering if a rack from RSV is totally interchangeable over to my RSTD, utilizing the quick disconnect clips. Any thoughts? What kind of price should I expect for a used RSV rack?

The RSV rack is not quick disconnect, it bolts to the chrome rails on the fender. I have seen the racks on Fleebay for around 100.00.