IGNORED

83 Valve Shims

Smitty161

You need a new dealer. They're still available from Yamaha: 2.70 26H-12169-10-00, 2.65 26H-12168-Y0-00

They're also available aftermarket for about half the price. The distributor is K&L Supply and their part numbers are: 2.70 13-7624, 2.65 13-7623. If your dealer isn't selling from K&L they are the only retailer in the business that doesn't.

Unfortunately, I've got no 2.70s and just one 2.65 on hand. Since K&L has a $50 minimum order and it's winter here I'm not likely to be placing an order soon. @skydoc_17 might have them. Or google the part numbers. Or, you can just take your Dealer parts department the numbers I provided and have them get them for you.

I did my 900 Vulcan and needed one shim. (they are different size than the ones we need) But I called a local indipendant shope and he had what I needed. Cost me like 3-4 bucks. Sometimes you can trade them. These shims are used on a lot of bikes from Honda to Suzuki, Yamaha. Mostly older designed motors I think.

I did my 900 Vulcan and needed one shim. (they are different size than the ones we need) But I called a local indipendant shope and he had what I needed. Cost me like 3-4 bucks. Sometimes you can trade them. These shims are used on a lot of bikes from Honda to Suzuki, Yamaha. Mostly older designed motors I think.

And BMW