IGNORED

Anyone using CoPilot GPS on an iPhone?

Mad Dog

I have not tried that particular product. What I use on my iPhone is the TomTom app and I am very impressed. Accurate routing and turn by turn directions with street names etc. Maps are loaded to the phone so you can still use it without data. They stay on top of updates and my favourite feature is I can choose Windiest Roads to get to a destination..

I use the CoPilot on my phone and iPad, and it does work really well. I have a GPS on my bike so mostly I use the CoPilot now when I can't get a cell signal and I need to look at the map. It works good off the GPS signal to see where your at and you can zoom out to see the map and area your in and decide the direction you need to take. It wa worth it for me. Never used the Nav Free.

I have not tried that particular product. What I use on my iPhone is the TomTom app and I am very impressed. Accurate routing and turn by turn directions with street names etc. Maps are loaded to the phone so you can still use it without data. They stay on top of updates and my favourite feature is I can choose Windiest Roads to get to a destination..
I put TomTom on my android last summer (as per Wizard's suggestion ) and found it excellent. It works exactly like the TomTom GPS and works with or without data. So you can turn data off to save on data charges or if you are in an area with no reception the GPS still works. Its a onetime fee with life time updates and it is transferable at no charge should you upgrade your phone as long as you do not switch from android to I-phone or the other way around. The only downside of the android version is you do not get the winding roads feature which you do get with the I-phone. However you can somewhat make up for this by using the limited road speed feature. You set your max road speed and the GPS will choose a route with roads that do not exceed the road speed you have set.

TIP: Watch the pricing, two weeks after installing it my phone I installed it on my wife's and they had a (after Saddlebum bought it) sale so it was only half price when I put it on my wifes phone.