IGNORED

anyone know?

Ace

Anybody know if the J & M JMHS8146OF headsets would work with a modular flip front helmet? I know they are made for an open face helmet but I was wondering if any one tried the headset with a fuul face or flip front. I have 3 different helmets and I am hoping this will work with all 3. Thanks.

Was just looking at the J&M catalogue and I think the problem you will have is that the mic arm runs on the outside of the helmet rather than the inside. You might be able to bend the mic arm to go under the flip front when it comes down. I really doubt it would work with a solid full face.

Sorry, I know you wanted to hear from someone that had done it and I haven't but maybe someone else has.

The way I understand it is that there two kinds of headsets, one with a mic on a boom, so for 3\4 or flip face helmets and the other for full face that has no boom but is velcroed onto the chin piece. The boom would actually work on the full face but be a bit awkward, whereas the velcroed mic would have little to stick to on a 3\4 helmet.

Anybody know if the J & M JMHS8146OF headsets would work with a modular flip front helmet? I know they are made for an open face helmet but I was wondering if any one tried the headset with a fuul face or flip front. I have 3 different helmets and I am hoping this will work with all 3. Thanks.

I have my doubts on this one myself, you may be able to get a longer mic arm. This option may not be cost effective though.

But JM-HS-BCD257-UN works very nicely with my flip face helmet. It is designed to work with open, full & modular. The mic arm mounts on the inside of the helmet. Normally a headset comes out of a helmet, for replacement of one or the other, not swapping back & forth..