IGNORED

Pics from yesterdays ride

Chaharly

Wow ! Glad you made it through as well as you did. These beasts aren't like dirt bikes....when they go down hard you don't want to get caught under them. Your description sounds like a blowout, but like someone said, the rear tire doesn't look flat. I'm sure all of us are eager to hear what caused this. At least it didn't happen in prime riding season....Gives you some time to mend.

Take care my friend.:confused24:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaharly-

Do you think the uncontrolled wobble had anything to do with the car tire you just installed?

Dave

I think its really doubtful. I had the bike leaning in and out several Times and never felt any squirreliness. After I wrecked I checked the tire for any marks or bulges.

When I get feeling better

I'm gonna see exactly what happened

It is definitely wrecked beyond the repair that I can offer. Im sorry to hear about your RSTD too. Although, and I may be wrong, (pain meds) but didn't you sell me that carb tune?

Yes CJ I sold you the carb tune.... Get better friend and decide if you're going to ride again. I know you're young but you come across as an older soul...best of luck.

Yes CJ I sold you the carb tune.... Get better friend and decide if you're going to ride again. I know you're young but you come across as an older soul...best of luck.

I appreciate it and thank you I definitely take that as a compliment :)

What you going to do with your 2nd gen??

Haven't decided yet. We'll see what the insurance says but I'm thinking they're gonna buy it from me and I'll get something a little different

OUCH ! CHarley...that sucks man..... but I am glad youre going to be ok. Take it easy for a while and listen too your docs and youll be fine in no time.

Brian

I just hate playing the waiting game. Especially when they're are bikes to be test ridden

Charharley that is an ugly thing to see, but it is reality, and if we are gonna ride, we have to understand that these things happen. Thanks for posting what have to be very painful images for you. Right now concentrate on you and healing. Bikes will be here when you are ready, the better care you take of yourself the sooner you can be ready. Glad you weren't hurt worse. Best wishes for a full and quick recovery...........Tim

From what I gather the trucker that I was passing said my bike wheel started going back and fourth like crazy. The harder I tried to stop the more it would pull to the left. By the time I got slowed down to about 45 it was like riding a bull. Then when I hit the dirt in the left side off the road it threw me. I remember rolling 2or 3 times just thinking to myself to hold my arms down at my sides. Had a big mud patch on the helmet as well glad to be wearing it. I got back up right away and the trucker I passed was like "My God are you ok?" "I thought when I saw you rolling through the air there'd be a dead body" he wasn't even gonna stop until I shot up right away. Had about 5 people stop. Everyone around here is awesome. My brother came and got me and we loaded up the bke in a loader bucket and moved it off the road. Hes getting it now. We went to the same day clinic and they were going to send me to the ER but I started getting dizzy so we needed to haul me in on a stretcher

WOW!! that an identical replay of my accident that I had on my way to P.I.P in Aug 28th 2008.

Hi speed wobble

Going down

Car tire ??

Get well soon Bob

I think its really doubtful. I had the bike leaning in and out several Times and never felt any squirreliness. After I wrecked I checked the tire for any marks or bulges.

When I get feeling better

I'm gonna see exactly what happened

Glad you walked away m'man, could have been a lot worse.

I'm also following this thread if it's possible to identifiy

any mechanical or otherwise issue, of course when your feeling better.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you walked away from it though even though you did sustain some injures. P.S. not to dampen your spirits but broken wrists, simple as they sound they can be difficult to heal to the point of regaining proper use of your hands, so make sure you take your time healing and though constant motion is good therapy, don't try over extending the use of your hands until you are well healed.

On another note given I see snow about, is there any chance it had nothing to do with the bike but that you may have hit a patch of unseen black ice.

How are you doing Chaharly? I think you mentioned having an operation! I hope you are healing quickly and completely.

The operation on my arm seems to be going well will know for sure on Tuesday.

They moved tendons and arteries abd screwed a bone together and drained my elbow. We'll see how it goes

Cant say much more than what has already been said by all the others here. I am glad you are alive and able to tell us about this, and I hope you find out what caused such a special event...

It sure wakes you up don't it.. Only takes a second and it can be over... Again, glad you are OK!!

Cant say much more than what has already been said by all the others here. I am glad you are alive and able to tell us about this, and I hope you find out what caused such a special event...

It sure wakes you up don't it.. Only takes a second and it can be over... Again, glad you are OK!!

Thanks eck. Recovering from surgery now. That was the worst damned part!

All my road rash is gone and I'm feeling pretty well. I really do appreciate all you guys on this site its made recovery so much better.

Indeed Cha,, Prayers Up and Blessings Down my friend.. I know its hard but pay careful attention to those Doctors while dealing with this surgery heal time.. Better to go thru a brief easy down time then to spend a summer trying to force it to heal!!