IGNORED

Pulling the plug on Touring Hogs

Freebird

I know that most of you don't care but there are a handful here who joined Touring Hogs. I thank you for your support but like I posted there, stick a fork in it, it's done.

It has been online for about a year and done nothing. I chalk that up to two things.

1. I did very little to promote it. I got it going and then just sort of let it sit there. I didn't spend any time really customizing it the way I have worked on VentureRiders. The fact is, this site is my passion and regardless of what I or anybody else is riding, my loyalties are to my many friends here.

2. Had I done all that I could, I'm still not sure it would have ever taken off. The fact is, there are just a lot of well established Harley forums out there with years of great technical information available. It would take many years to come close to what they have to offer in that regard.

So...later tonight...I will be pulling the plug on Touring Hogs.

So sorry Don that you had to pull the plug on this one.

I can only say you did one heck of a job on Venturerider.Org and it stands out more than any other motorcycle site out there on the web.

I am proud to be a part of the VR family which is only here because you created it and gave it your heart.

I cant thank you enough for the great times and the many friends of which I met over the past 10 years, which I never would have ever met, if it wasn't for what you created and achieved.

Thanks!

:twing:

I was one who signed up for and really enjoyed the other site,, my problem is, was, seems to be that when ever I spent time over there - there was this little voice inside me that said "what a ya doin Puc,, you could be over on VR where everyone else is" :big-grin-emoticon:

Truth is Chief,, the Harley group is HUGE, with lots and lots of great folks being part of it.. They seem to be pretty loyal people with connections already made and its probably just as hard for them to spend time away from already established means of communicating as it is for me playing away from VR.. I cannot tell you how many of my Harley riding, hard core Harley friends who I told about Touring Hogs in a valiant attempt to boost the attendance there.. It obviously didnt help:thumbdown:

I personally thought your attempt there was admirable and wish it would have worked out.. I was looking forward to someday attending a combined VR and Touring Hogs International Rally cause Tweeks LOVES outrunning Harleys!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Also might add here, I am very thankful that you chose to not sell VR a while ago when you had the chance and that you are planning on staying at the helm and focusing on your awesome family and friends here at VR!! We need your guidance, direction and motorcycling input right here where your loved!!:thumbsup:

Sorry the doors closed to the dream of Touring Hogs Don,, remember though, usually when one door closes its the sign that another door is about to open!!:sign woo hoo:

Sorry to hear this! Guess there just are not enough Harley riders out there to make a go of it.

Sorry to hear this! Guess there just are not enough Harley riders out there to make a go of it.

That Raggie,, he can be a sarcastic little troublemaker when he wants to be:witch_brew:

Quick Dan, offer Don back that slow poke 2nd Gen while his heart is vulnerable!!

There are some really COLD people on the site lately...Not so sure I really want to meet up with some of them now...never know what they will do to you..: :rotf:

Hey I ride both and sorry to say that even thou I joined the Hogs site I never really went there. This site is my home and has been since I first bought my RSTD back in late 04. I can always google what I need to learn about my Harley any way. Thanks Don for giving it the effort.

kickshot

But,But I think Brown Sugar is starting to like it!! All that time together in the garage and.......:think:

Sorry about the site boss.

Sounds like we might be getting those Gen 3 Ventures after all eay!! Put me down for pick of the litter will ya!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to see it go, and I am guilty of not going over there much either. I always come here first, and I had it saved on my favorites list on my old laptop. When the laptop gave up, I never save it into my tablet. It was a nice try Don, and it was nice to try and find stuff without having to sift thru some of the comments of the blindly loyal HD guys. It was a nice change of pace, and I applaud the effort.....

Don, I get where you are coming from regarding VentureRiders...I don't know if it was your first site, but it certainly IS a class act...directly indicative of your presence. I, too, purchased another brand of motorcycle, but I have continued to check this site every day...I have made several friends directly attributable to this site, and I thank you for that opportunity. It is obvious your heart is with this site and the people of this site. Good job, and I believe, for what it's worth, you've made a good choice...quality over quantity! Thanks for all you do.

you know, I have often heard when 1 door closes another door opens. I know in my life that has been the case too many times not to be true. Don, I think you hit the nail errr hog on the head when you said there were so many established HD forums, their loss....Also a wise man once said to do many things at once is to do none right...I guess I said that to say we are glad you are stuck with us...