IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Not sure how to get my bike across that pond between here and Africa.....

Everything you need to know to complete your mission is covered by the following hints:

Necessity is the mother of invention

Imagination is the bridge between here and there

If there is a will there is a way

If you fail to plan you plan to fail

Every adventure begins with the first step

To follow your dream point your nose in that direction, then follow your nose

Walking ain't crowded, but riding is more fun.

It's not the destination it's the journey

Can't never could do anything

Life is fleeting so don't forget your camara

You don't need to know everything as long as you know how to find out what you need to know

I don't know what I know, but, I know what I don't know

Do not attempt to use motorcycle as ocean going vehicle

There are Giraffes on the North American Continent

I personally havent seen any free roaming giraffe's nor have I seen any motorcycles in a zoo.....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::bluesbrother:

But I may try it ....

Free Roaming was not mentioned as a quallifying factor, and if you think you may, you probably wont. Go ahead get off the sofa, crank the scoot up, use your imagination and Get-er-done.LOL

• Targets must be fairly generic so that anyone can hit them with a little effort. No targets like, you, your bike, and the Golden Gate bridge for instance.. A more suitable target would be - you, your bike, and a truss style bridge.

dosent this new target defy the rules?

dosent this new target defy the rules?

OK, I agree that my target may require a little more effort than the previouse targets so far. It is also not my intention by the choice of this target to make it so difficult as to kill the game. My choice was selected with the intent of making the game more interesting by making it a little more challenging.

In my perspective, I felt that the fun of the game, was in large part, added incentive to get the scoot out of the garage and enjoy spring time riding with a goal and a destination in mind. The fact that this target may require a little more effort in forethought, research and planning was by design. But by no means impossible regardless of your geographical location.

The target, Purposely selected to be more of a challenge was due to the realization that so far, in my case, at least one of every one of the targets can be located and photographed within a three mile radius of my driveway. Some of the targets there are multiple examples within that distance. In Fact, at this moment I can walk outside to the driveway and take a picture of a Giraffe within three feet of where my bike is parked at now, without cranking the bike and going anywhere. But that was too easy where's the fun in that. The fact that that Giraffe is only three foot tall and made of concrete prompted me to add the word live to the criteria.

I did not select this target at random to stump the band and did actually some research and homework before posting Giraffes as the next target. With the help of my housemate, who in a past life and career was one of the foremost exotic animal handelers in the United States and had placed, handeled or transported 90 % of the live Giraffes in the lower 48 and can recite by memory the sex, age, name, temperment and exact location of every one of them. But to post that information would defeat the challenge intended.

Statiscally, even though there may not be one located on your block, or maybe not even in the geographical confines of your home town. If you reside in one of the 48 lower continental United States and Hawaii there is at least one living in your home state. Alaska and the provinces of Canada may be more of a challenge because of Climate considerations. However, still not impossible considering the quallifying criteria, or the logistical restraints if you consider the problem with a little imagination and think outside of the box. The US state with the highest number of Giraffes is home for 35 or more of the critters.

With all of that said, and in the spirit of the fun of the game and as to not kill the game, upon the request or concensus of opinion as to the validity or fairness of my target selection I will respectfully and cheerfully withdraw my target, select an easier new target, or pass. Whatever the concensus deems appropiate. Maybe a thread pole to determine the concensus of opinion may be a fair way to decide what best fits the nature and spirit of the game.

Regardless, I sincerely apologize if my participation made the game more complicated or less fun in any way, That certainly was not my intent.

Bob,

AtlantaDragonSlayer

I suddely see this game at a halt for a while..............

a live giraffe?????with your bike??????:bang head:

Cinderella,

I'm surprised at your ineffective approach by attacking the problem with your forehead against a brick wall. Weren't you the one that went to the Prince's ball riding in a pumpkin pulled by rats that had been turned into horse's and then dance with the prince all night long backwards and in glass slippers. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you end up marrying the prince when the whole village thought you the least likely to be chosen.

Now i'm just a Dragonslayer, but I thought for sure you would find a magical way to solve this problem. Maybe if you consulted your Fairy God Mother she might assist you with her magic wand.

Keep trying I believe in you and in magic.

AtlantaDragonSlayer

How about a picture of me in jail.:mugshot:

One of my bike in the impound lot.:no-no-no:

After I try riding inside the local Zoo.

:bobby:

Sometimes, permission is easier than forgiveness. Perhaps if you sought permission from the authorities they would be less likely to cop an attitude about your unauthorized access and forgo the need for having you placed under arrest and your bike impounded.

Give it a shot , what can it hurt.

I might be able to sneek my fairing into the zoo, does it have to be the whole bike???????!

Just tryin' to play!!

Dan

Hey Your getting warm, at least you got the lid off the box and are trying to play. I would accept enough of you, your bike and a live Giraffe in the photo to be able to determine it is you, your bike and a live giraffe. But if you get a little further out of the box you might find a way to be granted access so that you can get all of you, your bike and the Giraffe in the photo. Think of how you might pitch the Zoo Keeper to get him on your side so that you can get you and your bike inside his Zoo.

PS. The Giraffe may need to be bribed as well carry some carrots in your pocket.

We got a zoo checkwith giraffes,Even better but they are not visible from the road SO and we can not get the bike into the zoo.Why Not.. I think we will have to sit this one out. Don't Give up so easily, The Giraffes are bigger than your bike and somebody got them into the Zoo. Those Giraffes aren't gonna photograph themselves.

Good Luck to somebody. I would rather be a good winner than an unlucky loser

When I was a little boy and would make up excuses why I couldn't do whatever I was being asked to do my mother's favorite retort was:

Can't never could do anything, just think about it.

Hey Your getting warm, at least you got the lid off the box and are trying to play. I would accept enough of you, your bike and a live Giraffe in the photo to be able to determine it is you, your bike and a live giraffe. But if you get a little further out of the box you might find a way to be granted access so that you can get all of you, your bike and the Giraffe in the photo. Think of how you might pitch the Zoo Keeper to get him on your side so that you can get you and your bike inside his Zoo.

PS. The Giraffe may need to be bribed as well carry some carrots in your pocket.

You gotta remember, my bikes apart for maintenance right now!!!!!!!

When we moved to Oklahoma 4 years ago one of the first things we ran across was someone in Bixby Oklhoma just on the south side of Tulsa who had 2 LIVE giraffes in their front yard. Haven't been past there is a couple of years, will need to take a detour and see if the giraffes are still around.

Keep your eyes open and you never know what you might see.

You gotta remember, my bikes apart for maintenance right now!!!!!!!

Oh yea, I forgot about that in your case you may need the box. I don't recall any specific rules stating you had to actually be riding the bike. If it were up to me I would tend to award "A" for effort providing that you were photographed with a large enough piece of your bike to establish without doubt that it was your bike and that you followed the nature and intent of the game to the best of your ability considering the current condition of your ride. That's just me and not wishing to exclude you as a fellow member. But we may need to ask for a ruling in your case from a higher authority than me. Does anybody know if there is a higher authority to referee the rules. Maybe Freebird or the original thread starter?

When we moved to Oklahoma 4 years ago one of the first things we ran across was someone in Bixby Oklhoma just on the south side of Tulsa who had 2 LIVE giraffes in their front yard. Haven't been past there is a couple of years, will need to take a detour and see if the giraffes are still around.

Keep your eyes open and you never know what you might see.

Rosebud, you are so very right and your signature says it profoundly. In my lifetime I have been blessed on so many occassions to have been granted the priveledge and opportunity to witness first hand many of the wonders of God's creation. None of which would have been possible had he not given me the gift of sight or if I choose to have kept my eyes closed. Good luck on the detour.

Maybe if you consulted your Fairy God Mother she might assist you with her magic wand.

Keep trying I believe in you and in magic.

AtlantaDragonSlayer

Bibiddi bobiddi boo http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/rella_photo/test/fairygm.jpg