IGNORED

Mk II sidecover rubber strap substitute

I was at the Home Depot electrical dept. today and spotted these, and my first thought was they could be used as a replacement for the rubber straps that hold the side covers on the MkII Venture. It seems to be a small bungee cord with grommet, and about the perfect size for the application.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

001 (Medium).JPG

The last time I checked, the rubber straps were still available from Yamahaha for just a few bucks. But that has been a couple of years ago. I might try to order a couple just to have on hand, but that would mean I would have to remember where I was keeping them when the time came!! :confused24:

• 3 weeks later...

I would roll them up and put them under the radiator overflow bottle, or with the compressor, under the seat maybe....I have 2 or 3 rubbermade style boxes I use for parts, I might keep them there.

The last time I checked, the rubber straps were still available from Yamahaha for just a few bucks. But that has been a couple of years ago. I might try to order a couple just to have on hand, but that would mean I would have to remember where I was keeping them when the time came!! :confused24: