IGNORED

In desperate need of a small carb part

I had to disassemble (again) the carbs off of this doggone 83 I have been messing with. Upon reassembly I found I am now missing the idle mixture screw. It was there when I took the carb apart, but have somehow lost it. I have the small spring but not the needle itself. I just spent about 2 hours looking all of the garage for this needle but with no luck. My reason for posting is to find out if anyone knows where one can be purchased. I just checked a couple websites and I don't even see this carb part listed. Or, if anyone has not they are willing to sell, I would be more than happy to buy it from you. I appreciate any help I can get with this matter.

Thanks

Try going to a dealer and having them do a "dealer search". They have access to dealers on site parts inventory. It's possible that some dealer may have what you need sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere that even they don't realize they have!. I did this with an obsolete carb part-the needle valve. A dealer search turned up 7 in the country. Via a phone call, I purchased 3 (of 5) from Stadium YAMAHA in Texas. Good luck.

I did this with an obsolete carb part-the needle valve.

The needle valve assembly for the Venture carb is not obsolete. Yamaha still offers it for both the 1983-1984 and the 1985-1993. There a couple aftermarket suppliers of the needle valve assembly as well.

1983-1984: 22U-14190-15-00

1985-1993: 1FK-14190-15-00