As some of you know, I have a problem,,,, I know what you are thinking, but this is a new one.

I ride a 2014 Spyder and installed JMCB 2003 for a CB and intercom.

The intercom works fine, and the CB broadcasts just fine.

Now if we get 2 CBs close together I can hear the other, if they are more than 4ft apart I can't hear the other person. I can hear a tapping on their mic, but no voice comes through.

Now hear is the next problem then.

I contacted JM corp and they would like me to try to use one of their headsets. I use the Edsets with the proper cord, but they were wondering if I could try one of theirs.

SO!!!! anybody in the area have a set they could lend me??

is this the same problem that was happening at bongobob's in july, have you ever had full use of it.

Yep, still a problem waiting to be solved,,,,finally. Takes about two hours out of riding time to get it out,,,,, now seeing as I'm not riding and modifying it anyways, now's the time

I can pull the head set put of the wife's helmet and send it to you to try. I just need it back before spring. PM me your address and I can have it in the mail on Monday. They are the J&M Elete sats.

I was hoping for somebody close, maybe Wizard can help out.

Thanks anyways,,, always hate mail, they loose things regularly.

To me if your using your headset with the intercom mode on the radio and it works both incoming and out going, the only difference would be the cb mode of your radio, shouldn't this radio be the problem if you go out going fine but nothing coming in, your headset doesn't receive a signal from the radio.

Edited by jonesy

To me if your using your headset with the intercom mode on the radio and it works both incoming and out going, the only difference would be the cb mode of your radio, shouldn't this radio be the problem if you go out going fine but nothing coming in, your headset doesn't receive a signal from the radio.

Yeah that is my thinking too. The headset doesn't care what the audio source is and certainly has no way of "knowing" how far away the other transmitter is.

Perhaps a squelch issue?

Looking at the manual for that radio you got 2 controls for volume to the head sets, a flat dial type one on top of radio, book says

A. Auxiliary Audio Volume—Controls auxiliary audio/input volume to the headset/

headsets. ,

and one on outside ring of on/off switch , it says

C. On/Off CB and Intercom Volume Control—In the inward position the knob

turns the entire unit on and off and controls the CB volume. In the pulled-out

position, this knob controls the intercom volume. For Solo Rider Use: the intercom

volume should be turned down completely (counter-clockwise).

you could have it set for intercom, and need it set for cb. I got the manual here.

http://www.jmcorp.com/pdf/JMCB-2003B-ManualMultiLing09-2010.pdf

Edited by jonesy
added web site link