IGNORED

I think this dealer is a dreamer

SilvrT

It will be interesting to see if he gets it,,, I saw an 08 a few days ago with 9k on it for 8 grand.. That seemed more inline with where stuff is at these days BUT,, one never knows!! I know one thing,, I watched a new model of Vmax,, think it was an 09,, go for 10,200 on Ebay the other day.. If I were feeling better, werent facing some medical bills and had the cash (lots of if's) I would have LOVED to have grabbed that deal!!!

Heyyyy,, wait a minute here Silvr,,, there has been a much newer RSV up in the Yooper of Michigan listed on Craigs for a good while,,, seems like it had a grand cheaper asking and its been for sale for good while....

Nothing like sitting around chatting bikes on a sub zero morning!! :thumbsup:

When I bought my 2006 RSMV in the fall of 2008, I paid $12,500 for it. At that time it had 1,297 Kilometers on it and balance of factory warranty. We're now 6 years later. Just seems ridikulus (on purpose sp mistake) that dealers around here seem to feel they can ask so much for some things. That said, there's a sukker born every minute and that dealer is prolly hopin one of 'em will walk thru their door LOL

I experienced the same thing in my search for my RSTD. A somewhat local dealer had an 07 with 2000 miles on it and a few add ons. They wanted $8K for it. While it had low mileage, it was still almost 8 years old and higher priced than everything around. I offered them $6500 cash and they turned me down a few times. I ended up with my 06 with 19K miles and in perfect condition for $4500. The dealership still has the 07 3 months later.

I think it all depends on how bad the seller need to get it gone, and what somebodies willing to pony up. I just bought my '04RSMV in mint condition, raised on synthetics, with 65K on the odo for $3000US. What really hurts is after Lone Eagle traded his '05RSTD with all those beautiful graphics in on the Harley the dealer pushed it out the back door for $1900. :bang head:

What really hurts is after Lone Eagle traded his '05RSTD with all those beautiful graphics in on the Harley the dealer pushed it out the back door for $1900. :bang head:

OMG!!! Somebody got a good deal! I wonder what the Harley shop allowed him on the trade?

$1,000 down, 60 months at $202.58/month. The monthly payment is all some buyers care about.....

Sitting here warming my feet by the fire, listening to ya'll chat,, I swallow the last little piece of pretty good hotdog - look up at Carl and say:

THAT's a fact!!!

$1,000 down, 60 months at $202.58/month. The monthly payment is all some buyers care about.....

That's how it USED to be for me... when I was younger and dumber. (dumber? did I just imply I am dumb but not as dumb as I was? LOL)

Now I look at cash flow and how quick I can pay it off / be free of the debt without committing to a fixed monthly payment that would be out of reach if our cash flow got cut in half or worse. So, I commit to a realistic payment based on a very minimum cash flow and then shove a ton of extra money towards the loan when I can with the plan to pay it off as quick as I can.

If you look at the majority of the Harley dealers they do not sell OTH (other than harley) I would have to say the last time I was in a couple nuttin but Harleys. They just dont keep anything else even used bikes.

I agree. One of our local Harley dealers won't even give you a trade price. There is a combined Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki dealer right next door to them. If you bring anything but a Harley to trade, they call the owner of the "other" dealer to come over and give you a trade amount. He then cuts a check and gives it to the Harley dealer for your trade as your Harley down payment.

I only want one payment. If I don't have the down payment(paid in full), I keep saving. Bought 2 wings in less than a year, one of them is for resell.

I am the same way. I saved about $20K and decided it was time for a new bike. I came very close to buying a 2015 Road Glide. The problem was, $20K wouldn't have paid it off and I would have had a loan. I could not wrap my mind around spending all the play money on one unpaid toy. So I bought my perfect 06 RSTD for $4500 and have been ordering and adding all the accesories I could possibly want and I still have enough money to also buy my Vstrom adventure bike. Even after buying 2 bikes and accessorizing them, I will still have just under $10K in cash that I would have blown on one bike that still had a payment!

This was another reason why I didn't buy Harley that I wanted. Dealers around here(London/Kitchener Ontario Canada) don't even want to talk Metric.When I mentioned trading in my 2000 Road Star 1600 with a lot of options they told me that they would call a "FRIEND" and get back to me. Turned out that the "FRIEND" WOULD GIVE me a whole $3000 "they said accessories didn't add to raise trade value and that would be around 10% down payment" for the $30,000 + bike I was looking at. Harley thought that was a great price" I DIDN'T at all !!! So off to another dealer (Yamaha) that said that they would ONLY be able to give me $5500 for the same bike that Harley friend said $3000. Guess what bought brand new 2012 Royal Star Venture for almost 1/2 price of Harley!! Haven't looked back!!! Well maybe a bit since I always wanted one since my younger days.

they said accessories didn't add to raise trade value...

I've been told that too. It's a lie. Went to trade one in, they gave me a price. I told them I had at least $3,000 in options. They gave me the lie "accessories didn't add to raise trade value". So I said fine, spent the next 3 days removing stuff. Went back asked for the same guy, asked for the same price, nope the bike wasn't worth as much now without all the options!!! Sold the bike myself, sold the accessories myself. Did good on both. For a used bike your best deal but you have to work for it to find it is from a private seller. For a new bike the best deal maybe out of state.