IGNORED

I have to confess...

BuckShot

that I RETIRED the end of November. YEA ! After 30 plus years at the same job, it was time to change direction. My wife will continue to work and hopefully give me gas money for the bikes. Hope to get the honey-do list done by summer so we have time to see old and new friends on this great site.

Retired? That's what you think. Now you are about to find out what busy really is. My wife nearly gave me a heart attack when I announced I was retiring. She said "If you are retiring then so am I" There went my peace and quiet, also gas money.

I often heard that retirement isn't so good. But since retiring I have come to realize that is what is said by those who are still working. What I really don't understand is how I ever had time to go to work in the first place. I must say retirement is the best thing I ever did. Congratulations on yours. I hope you enjoy your life as much as I do mine.

Mike

Congratulations! I've been living the good life for 10 months and haven't got bored yet. Refused to go back to work but I did start a little auto detailing on the side just as an excuse to make the wife think I'm staying busy. LOL

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Been so busy, I don't know what retirement feels like. Wife always said that when I retire she would quit. Then she realized that she is 8 years younger. Seems like my plans to keep busy are being put on the back burner, she has lots for me to do.

Retired? That's what you think. Now you are about to find out what busy really is. My wife nearly gave me a heart attack when I announced I was retiring. She said "If you are retiring then so am I" There went my peace and quiet, also gas money.

LOL, I know what you mean. My wife is still working and I am retired. I love those M-F days of peace and quiet and freedom. Course I have to have dinner prepared when she gets home and maybe some semblance of progress on a project or two.

Tell her you are retired permanently. All that list doesn't have to be done next week.

GOOD ADVICE!!

Probably wanna cover your backside by prefacing it with "Skid says" though..

Been doing this with Tippy when questionable issues come up, alternating it back and forth between Skid and several of my other close buddies here on VR so no one takes the blame for everything, and its remarkable how much trouble I have stayed out of the last couple years!!

LOL, I know what you mean. My wife is still working and I am retired. I love those M-F days of peace and quiet and freedom. Course I have to have dinner prepared when she gets home and maybe some semblance of progress on a project or two.

Are our wives talking......

I retired three years ago and have never worked so hard in my life. My "honey do list" gets longer and longer every month. This winter I have easy projects to do indoors though.....painting, new hardwood floors, buying a new car and buying a new hot tub. This Spring I move to outdoor projects...adding another deck to the house, more landscaping and building a roof over the deck next to the pool. YEP....retirement gives me so much time, I don't know what to do with it all but at the end of the day I am exhausted. I think I need to go back to work so I can rest!

Jim