IGNORED

Aeromobile now flying!

skydoc_17

Yup, I want one.:mo money:

Yup,, I KNEW that was coming!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Hey you guys,, just thought of something,, didnt part 2 of "Back To The Future" take place in 2015?? Maybe ol Doc Brown was onto something when he said = "Roads,, where we're going we dont need roads!!!"

Looks nice but, "It's a Ultra lite".... so No thanks....

Not by USA standards.

AN ultralight must be;

single occupant.

Stall speed under 25 MPH.

top speed under 60 mph.

weight under 254 lbs.

max fuel capacity 5 gallons.

They do not give a weight in the specs, this might qualify under the lite sport aircraft rules, which are a lot different than an ultralight.

Either way I have my pilots license. Even though there is no way I can afford one, I want one.

Not by USA standards.

AN ultralight must be;

single occupant.

Stall speed under 25 MPH.

top speed under 60 mph.

weight under 254 lbs.

max fuel capacity 5 gallons.

They do not give a weight in the specs, this might qualify under the lite sport aircraft rules, which are a lot different than an ultralight.

Either way I have my pilots license. Even though there is no way I can afford one, I want one.

Don't know where you got that info from Jeff but the third gen. ultralights: CSG Hawk and the Quad City Challenger are both two seaters and have very similar attributes to this aeromobile. The QCC I max weight 960 top speed of 96mph.

If... and I say if, it passed "aircraft" testing, I would be willing, and able to fly one.

Although I would have to get my medical certificate updated.

Like to see this ? stalled at 10,000' and purposely put into a spin.

Also... try as I might, was unable to find the glide ratio.

where is the CG on this?

Specifications

AEROPLANE

Engine

Rotax 912

Wings

collapsible

Top speed

200 km/h and more

(124 mph and more)

Min. speed

60 km/h

(37 mph)

Take-off speed

130 km/h

(81 mph)

Range

700 km

(435 miles)

Fuel consumption

15 l/h

Construction

steel framework

and carbon coating

Dimensions

width: 8320 mm

length: 6000 mm

Capacity

2 seats

AUTOMOBIL

Rotax 912

Engine

-

Wings

160 km/h and more

(99 mph and more)

Top speed

-

Min. speed

-

Take-off speed

875 km

(545 miles)

Range

8 l/100 km

Fuel consumption

steel framework

and carbon coating

Construction

width: 2240 mm

length: 6000 mm

Dimensions

2 seats

Capacity

I got my info from the FAA regs (FAR) Part 103.1, look it up in your FAR/AIM book.

The CGS Hawk Ultra does meet the specs for ultralight that I mentioned, the rest of the CGS Hawk line does not meet the legal definition of an ultralight and are not legal ultralights.

The Quad City Challenger also has one specific version that is FAR 103 legal and meets the requirements that I mentioned.

There are many aircraft advertized and sold as ultralights that do not meet the FAA definition of an ultralight.

Both of these are single seat and under 254 lbs, Neither of these are even close to the Aeromobile.

Two Place CGS Hawk Arrow

Quad City Challenger, why I won't buy a Challenger ultralight.

are two seater ultralight legal? Quad City Challenger, why I won't buy a Challenger ultralight.

I don't care what you buy .

You won't see me in any non certified aircraft. Especially where the cg isn't in front of the yoke.

These are death traps. IMHO

This aint really the place for an aircraft debate, I would love to discuss airplanes with you in person some time, maybe at Dons MD. I bet we end up almost agreeing.

I totally do not understand your correlation of yoke position, CG, and death trap. Most (not all) aircraft, certified or non certified, have the yoke/stick well in front of the CG.

This aint really the place for an aircraft debate, I would love to discuss airplanes with you in person some time, maybe at Dons MD. I bet we end up almost agreeing.

I totally do not understand your correlation of yoke position, CG, and death trap. Most (not all) aircraft, certified or non certified, have the yoke/stick well in front of the CG.

Jeff,

I'm sure we would end up agreeing.

Here's a video I found on CG:

That was the main point I was trying to convey (although I didn't do a very good job of it).

Edited by CaptainJoe