IGNORED

Need help to wire up LED DRLs please.

spear

Hey folks. I'm sorry if this has been asked previously and I can't find it - - -

I need to wire up a couple of LED daylight running lights (DRLs) that I've mounted to the front of my Second Gen RSV.

Obviously need to get at the low beam wire of the headlamp.

Can somebody please tell me the quickest way of accessing same at the headlamp.

I've printed out a wiring diagram for the bike, and from what I see I need the green wire.

The owner's manual that came with the bike is next-to-useless.

Tells me how to change a headlamp bulb, but that's about all.

Hope y'all have a great 2015.

Riding weather down-under is perfect.

Warm days and 14 hours of daylight - gotta love that!

There's been a fair bit of PM banter backwards and forwards between me and Dion (djh3) and I thank him for his help, suggestions and offer.

I've elected to go another way with my DRLs, by going 'wireless'.

Intrigued?

I've found COB LED DRLs that have a small wind turbine and generator fitted, and illuminate once the bike hits 30mph.

Once they arrive and are fitted, I'll report back.

So many possibilities. If they are okay I'm going to fit a couple to the roof racks on my camper van.

I'll eventually post a link to the eBay vendor.

image.jpg

Edited by spear
Added photo

Interesting idea for sure. As I mentioned in our corrispondence, it will be interesting if the lights will work at in town traffic where you really need to be seen. Also turbulence behind a vehicle may be a factor. You wil have to make sure they go somewhere that keeps airflow.

• 1 month later...

SO hows the lights work? Have you had a chance to try them out?

I finally got off the stick and cash to buy some additional "driving" lights. Small little frog eye looking jobs off e-bay. They are supposed to have a low beam, high beam and some sort of flashing/avoidance setting. Dont know if this is something I want to make work or not. I use to have the headlight set up with a modulator which is legal in all 50 states. But really leery of making these light flash in daytime as I think the lawman will not like it. I did see a HD Ultra last week that ha the modulator connected to both passing lights. I think you would get in trouble for that if they want to push the issue.

I think I am going to mount these on the crash bars by my highway pegs. If that don't pan out I may put them on the forks about fender mount height.