IGNORED

LED accent lights color advice...?

Mad Dog

Yeah ... I know ... personal preference and all...

I am looking to get some for engine lights and ground effects, and I am just looking for opinions on a color choice. I have a Black Cherry '06 RSV and I was going to go with green, but am now thinking it might look muddy. What do you guys think? I am open to all suggestions ... nothing wrong with white ... red? purple??

I just have a feeling that buying a single color set might be better quality than a multi color set...? Oopinions on that?

Thanks all!

With many of the multi color sets you can set up the controller to be constantly changing color or pick a steady color.

This way you can have any color for show wile parked and then switch to a legal color when riding.

From the rear you can only have red showing, from the front only amber or white showing and from the side it must be amber toward the front and red toward the rear.

This is one of the things that it does not matter what is legal in your home area, local law applies and some localities (like the one I live in) are real picky about light colors. They have extra cars on the road during harley birthday parties just to keep up with writing tickets for illegal lights.

I bought a length of red ones off e-bay. I made a bracket for under the saddlebags and mounted the lights and they operate as running and turn. A couple short strips under the gas tank mounted and on a switch so if get hassled, I can turn them off.

I have had the multi colored lights on my bike and was stopped because as they changed colors, there was red and blue in the mix. You can not have red or blue lights on your bike for it IS against the law !!!

If I ever install LED lights on another bike they will be BRIGHT WHITE LED's..