IGNORED

Had a big scare today..................

DragonRider

Well it started off on Monday, took Charlene to the Dr. for some blood tests, but I stayed out in the car because I didnt want to pick up whatever it is that's going around. My wife started with a dry hacking cough, fever, chills last Fri after getting home from the Dr. That's why I stayed out in the car. Well everything was ok until Christmas Eve, I started with the dry hacking cough, aches, and asthma acting up. So much for me staying healthy through the holidays. Went to my daughters yesterday even though I wasnt feeling like it so we could deliver the grandsons gifts and try to have some similance of a normal Christmas, nope, kept getting worse, so last night my breathing got very difficult while trying to sleep in my bed, so I moved to the living room, which is where my wife was sleeping also, it was the only way we could get comfortable. I have an inhalation therapy machine here, so I dont have to go to the hospital unless that doesnt work. I got a little rest after taking another dose of meds and seemed to be feeling a little better with the exception of the dry cough and achey joints. Around 1 pm I decided to eat some light lunch and this is when the scare came. I was about half way thoroug my lunch when I had the worst coughing spell I have ever had, all of sudden I couldnt catch my breath, my wife said that she came over to see what was wrong and I scared all three of them, she said I gasped one last time and went stiff on the recliner, I seem to remember my feet were twitching, and I hear the yelling and screaming at me. They thought I was playing around. I couldnt move for a minute and when I opened my eyes everything was spinning and I couldnt tell if I was sitting up or lying down, I heard Charlene yell loudly "Lewis, dont do that" and my oldest grand son was screaming Grandpa! Grandpa! After about 30 seconds my wits came back to me and I told her I wasnt playing around, I had coughed so hard for so long I emptied my lungs of oxygen and passed out. Everything is back to some similance of normal, but still got the cough and aches. Charlene said when she heard me gasp and quit breathing she thought I was gone. She cant get rid of me that easy.

Edited by DragonRider

Now cut that out!

Ya trying to scare the you know what out of the family or what?

Get some rest and get better or we will have to send someone over there and ......well you really don't want to know.

Hope your feeling better real soon.

Bubber

Dang Dragonrider what are you trying to do? My bike aint back together yet. Where am I going to find a mechanic that makes house calls?....Just kidding a course. But seriously......don't do that anymore. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I've had a nasty bug for over two weeks Lew. Would have to felt better to die. About the same as you described but just feeling sick all the time. And not enough air or energy to walk across the room. Going out to the garage was a three stop trip to catch air. Coughed a lot but not that bad!! But it sure hurt! Chest is still sore but I'm doing a lot better if I could just get rid of the cough and find my energy!! That Georgia Shine helps that cough a little......:innocent-emoticon: Good luck with it.

Edited by Yammer Dan

Well it started off on Monday, took Charlene to the Dr. for some blood tests, but I stayed out in the car because I didnt want to pick up whatever it is that's going around. My wife started with a dry hacking cough, fever, chills last Fri after getting home from the Dr. That's why I stayed out in the car. Well everything was ok until Christmas Eve, I started with the dry hacking cough, aches, and asthma acting up. So much for me staying healthy through the holidays. Went to my daughters yesterday even though I wasnt feeling like it so we could deliver the grandsons gifts and try to have some similance of a normal Christmas, nope, kept getting worse, so last night my breathing got very difficult while trying to sleep in my bed, so I moved to the living room, which is where my wife was sleeping also, it was the only way we could get comfortable. I have an inhalation therapy machine here, so I dont have to go to the hospital unless that doesnt work. I got a little rest after taking another dose of meds and seemed to be feeling a little better with the exception of the dry cough and achey joints. Around 1 pm I decided to eat some light lunch and this is when the scare came. I was about half way thoroug my lunch when I had the worst coughing spell I have ever had, all of sudden I couldnt catch my breath, my wife said that she came over to see what was wrong and I scared all three of them, she said I gasped one last time and went stiff on the recliner, I seem to remember my feet were twitching, and I hear the yelling and screaming at me. They thought I was playing around. I couldnt move for a minute and when I opened my eyes everything was spinning and I couldnt tell if I was sitting up or lying down, I heard Charlene yell loudly "Lewis, dont do that" and my oldest grand son was screaming Grandpa! Grandpa! After about 30 seconds my wits came back to me and I told her I wasnt playing around, I had coughed so hard for so long I emptied my lungs of oxygen and passed out. Everything is back to some similance of normal, but still got the cough and aches. Charlene said when she heard me gasp and quit breathing she thought I was gone. She cant get rid of me that easy.
Had the very same thing happen to me. Be careful while driving!!! Get to your doc. and tell him about your experience. When I had it,I had my wife take me to the hospital.( I very rarely had gone to doctors) I was admitted and observed overnite. What happened when you passed out was...As told to me...by passing out,that's you're bodies way of shutting down so you don't suffacate. It relaxes so you'll keep breathing. As with me,being bullheaded,I drove and had another episode and went left of center and didn't wake up until I was going off and into the ditch. Get well soon!

Your excessive coughing has to be caused by one of these Lewis... I just hope you find out what the root cause is quickly and heal up!!!

Asthma and allergies

Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)

Respiratory tract infection

Air pollution

Acute bronchitis

ACE inhibitors - about 1 in 5 people who take the drugs develop a dry cough - (Could your breathing machine may be causing it???)

Pertussis - Also known as whooping cough

LORMAGFA - Lack of riding motorcycle and getting fresh air.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Eck, I think it has to be LOMRAGFA! I'm also glad that you finally got your wits back because, as far as I know, you've been missing those as long as I've known you! :buttkick: :bighug:Glad everything seems to be ok, Buddy.