Hey guys finally got all my speakers installed abd they sound great! I did however manage to lose two of those bolts that hold the speaker in place. They're kind of a special bolt and I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find these?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I am ready to help a friend put Progressives in and check the triple tree nut. He would also like to put in new speakers while we are taking the fairing off for that work. What speakers can he put in the fairing ? Are they regular speakers that he can pick up locally or does he have to order special one ?

Also, how does the speaker grill in front of the dash speakers come off ? Does it pop off, or is it unbolted from the inside ? :confused24:

Bill

4 nuts on inside of fairing, studs in cover go through speakers, then through console panels .

Do no over tighten nuts, or you will pull stud out of radio cover.

4" speakers are all that will fit. Wal-Mart had a decent set, 3 way speakers for about $30 at one time.

Gary

Attached are a few speaker parts. Old speaker is stock, red one is the wal-mart unit I had it in Tweety for a couple of years.

Picture of box is what I have in Tweety now. Scosche is mfg. HD4003 is p/n. Rear cover won't fit on with these. I don't think these are waterproof, I put saran wrap over them, below outer cover.

Gary

20141228_172141.jpg

20141228_171903.jpg

20141228_172020.jpg

20141228_172014.jpg

20141228_172005.jpg

20141228_171914.jpg

I am ready to help a friend put Progressives in and check the triple tree nut. He would also like to put in new speakers while we are taking the fairing off for that work. What speakers can he put in the fairing ? Are they regular speakers that he can pick up locally or does he have to order special one ?

Also, how does the speaker grill in front of the dash speakers come off ? Does it pop off, or is it unbolted from the inside ? :confused24:

Bill

Polk DB401 are the sPeakers I'm using. High quality and marine grade. Easy replacement if you're not a clutz like me