IGNORED

Carb Sync tool

Chaharly

Does anyone have a carb sync tool I could borrow or possibly buy?

I took the carbs off the bike to do the valve adjustment and I cleaned up the carbs some too. When i got them back on and the bike running it pops out of the right pipe. When i take the little rubber boot off of the sync nipple it'll rev up momentarily but there really is no change. Took a little Brake parts cleaner and sprayeed it in the hole and she smoked a little but never idled up or down.

I dont trust any of the shops in my town and I know i need the carbs synced. I'm just hoping it'll take care of the problem

When i take the little rubber boot off of the sync nipple it'll rev up momentarily but there really is no change.

Truly, I am no carb expert. But shouldn't taking the cap off cause a change? Wouldn't that lean it out with the cap off? Somebody else please confirm; sounds like putting on new caps should be tried here. And then do the sync too!

When replacing the carbs it is possible one or more of the carbs did not reseat in the boot correctly (don't ask me how I know) creating a vacuum leak. Get up under there with a flashlight and inspection mirror and make sure you got a good fit.

Might also loosen the drain screws up on the carbs one at a time - hit the key and make sure they are getting fuel flow, sometimes banging em around will cause a float to stick shut or not float smoothly.. Check plug terminals and wires,, maybe got something loose...

The popping from a pipe sounds fishy to me.. Are we taking about a consistent "pop-pop-pop" at idle,,, coming from an exhaust pipe,, possible plug/plug wire, possibly got an exhaust valve to tight (I hate even saying that).. Might spit check (dampen finger tip and touch pipes) each pipe after its ran for a minute at idle just to see if its hitting on all four,, if you find a cold one - shut her down - pull plug on jug with cold pipe and check it - maybe do a compression test..

Runs great at idle after thirty seconds they're all hot but the back right is just slightly less hot than the other. Its a constant pop at idle but I haven't even tried to sync them yet. Rolls on the throttle real smooth and revs up plenty quick but I'm told a bad enough sync can cause it

Brake cleaner is not the best thing to spray in the carb for cleaning purposes. For some reason despite all that it will clean, carbon and oxidation are not one of them and those are your major dirt issue's in a carb. A good carb or heat riser cleaner is your best bet. spray it in all the orfices you can find while the engine is cool, let it soak for 15 minutes and then spray again followed by firing up your engine. Pulling the rubber caps off, may or may not change your idle speed depending on the condition and settings of your carbs. A good carb sync also makes a big difference. Also make sure your enrichment valves (commonly referred to as the choke) are not seized and move freely. If they stick open and do not seat properly your carb will suck in more fuel.