IGNORED

Rearwheel back on?

OK.. having lots of fun trying to get rear wheel back in. Don't want to let the air out of tire and don't want to loosen the rear drive bolts either since I have it nicely aligned.

Even with a jack it's just not going in. Same size tire as old one, too...

Other ideas or tips??

thanks!

david

Edited by videoarizona
spelling

OK, seriously this time...

The tire doesn't fit between the final drive and the right side of the swing arm? Apparently, the new tire is physically larger, even if the numerical size on the sidewall is the same as the old tire. Not all manufacturers make the same physical size tire within the numerical size. Then there is the difference between metric size and 'Letter' size (MU90 v. 140/90). Both are made for our Ventures, but they are NOT the same physical size. The Dunlop Elite3 was physically larger than the same 'size' Dunlop Elite2 that I took off the '90. I too had to wrestle the Elite3 before I could get it on. IIRC, I ended up deflating it and still had to kinda of 'angle' it in, all the while kicking, screaming and cussing.

Thanks guys, but you aren't going to believe this.....

After two days of wrestling, jacking, grunting and swearing.....a friend came over and said "So what seems to be the problem here?". I grabbed hold of the wheel and went to show him how the wheel would hangup on the various points...and....well....it went on!! :bang head: That simple. No muscle, no serious effort....just went in the slot like it was greased.

No clue....but yes, it did have to go in at an angle (as it came out)...but even then...it wouldn't budge..hanging up on the drive rim, the right side swing arm and the swing mount for the brake bracket.

Needless to say, my friend just looked at me...that's it...just looked! Guess it was his presence that "convinced" the wheel to jump into the sprocket and line up perfectly!

Thanks for the thoughts!

david :doh: