IGNORED

2nd Gen Wheel Bearing and Swing Arm Bearing replacement

2007 Second Gen with 100000km on it.

I have purchased new front and rear wheel bearings/seals and new swing arm bearings/seals. Plan on replacing all of them this winter. Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to remove them.

Thanks in advance. Jim

To pull wheel bearings, you need what's called a blind hole bearing puller. Have never replaced the swingarm bearings so I am not sure how to best get the outer races out of the swingarm, these bearings are a taper roller so are different than the wheel bearings. I would likely get them out by using a long punch from the opposite side of the swingarm.

I used a slide hammer to pull the races on my swingarm. You can't get to them from the other side. Loc-tite makes a spray that reduces the temperature on a part that seemed to make it easier when sprayed on the races.

Now when I replaced the rear wheel bearings on my Spyder I couldn't get them out for anything. Ended up taking the thing to a machine shop. One of the bearings snapped in half while trying to get it out, but the machinist was able to work a little magic with a welder to get the remaining piece out.