IGNORED

Battery

Angelo

So I keep getting punished for teasing everyone about the wonderful weather we are having here. My battery capped out on my bike, fortunately in my garage and not somewhere away from home, but still ruined a nice day for a ride even if it was to work.

Before I go and buy a battery to replace mine I've learned to bounce things off you guys so here it goes again. Any batteries out there that is a benefit over the stock ones in these bikes? Can't imagine there are too many options out there but I figure I should check just in case.

Batteries need to be snowed on once in a while to work properly. Yup the Carma train is coming to get you..........

I am still on my first AGM battery, it is only 2 years old. My Yuasa lasted 6 years, and I do not put on a charger or maintainer or even take it out of the bike for the winter. It will see temps lower than -20F during the winter. It has always started in the spring.

Batteries need to be snowed on once in a while to work properly. Yup the Carma train is coming to get you..........

I am still on my first AGM battery, it is only 2 years old. My Yuasa lasted 6 years, and I do not put on a charger or maintainer or even take it out of the bike for the winter. It will see temps lower than -20F during the winter. It has always started in the spring.

I guess I could drive north to Flagstaff as soon as the battery arrives and visit the snow covered areas. Is seeing snow the same as letting it hit you for battery life?

What did you start in Arizona ??????:yikes: I went out yesterday with the intent to ride to a meeting in Nogales and then to one up in Casa Grande and back to Tucson. :biker: Besides the fun, I would also clean up on mileage reimbursement. So I went out to the bike :cool: and ...... nothing... :doh: the battery was totally dead....zero.. wouldn't even except a charge. Pulled the backup off the shelf, checked it and it was at 11 volts. Threw the charger on it and left in the car. Got home last night and the back up said 13.6 but this morning it was back to 11.5.

Guess I better get reading this thread and figuring out which battery to order..... :confused24:

What did you start in Arizona ??????:yikes: I went out yesterday with the intent to ride to a meeting in Nogales and then to one up in Casa Grande and back to Tucson. :biker: Besides the fun, I would also clean up on mileage reimbursement. So I went out to the bike :cool: and ...... nothing... :doh: the battery was totally dead....zero.. wouldn't even except a charge. Pulled the backup off the shelf, checked it and it was at 11 volts. Threw the charger on it and left in the car. Got home last night and the back up said 13.6 but this morning it was back to 11.5.

Guess I better get reading this thread and figuring out which battery to order..... :confused24:

Not my fault, those damn northerners keep praying for issues to keep us from riding when they can't and God keeps answering.

I bought the battery that skydoc_17 sells and it came quick and ready to go. I know there are some a few dollars cheaper but I believe in supporting our board members first. Now I have to figure out what the cause of mine not charging is which is what probably killed mine in the first place.

Not my fault, those damn northerners keep praying for issues to keep us from riding when they can't and God keeps answering.

I bought the battery that skydoc_17 sells and it came quick and ready to go. I know there are some a few dollars cheaper but I believe in supporting our board members first. Now I have to figure out what the cause of mine not charging is which is what probably killed mine in the first place.

If you have a good AGM charger top this one off before using. They say it extends the life of them.