IGNORED

Carb Question?

Trying to clean the carbs but I'm stuck on step number one. It says remove the choke knob. Now I've tried twisting it off and pulling it off but I really didn't have any luck with it. Tried taking a short cut but i would really like to follow the book.

Sooooo. Does anyone know how to get that knob off of there?

I've R&R'd the carb set on my '99, and didn't have to take the knob off. However if you're thinking of rebuilding the carbs, I'm not totally sure about this, but you can unlink the rod where it hooks into the choke mechanism on the other side between #4 and #3 and slide the whole rod out.

Trying to clean the carbs but I'm stuck on step number one. It says remove the choke knob. Now I've tried twisting it off and pulling it off but I really didn't have any luck with it. Tried taking a short cut but i would really like to follow the book.

Sooooo. Does anyone know how to get that knob off of there?

My choke knob had long ago fallen off so it's replaced with a kitchen drawer pull knob, brushed steel finish and JB welded on.. ;)

As far as I can remember, the stem end is not threaded but hatch patterned to hold onto the knob (glued or heated on?) .. but as Chaharly stated, you can just unhook the mechanism to remove the carbs.. simple to do, have a look at how it's connected, pretty straight forward..