IGNORED

lift adapter issue

well I changed the front tire yesterday, I have an issue with the lift adapter. I couldn't get the holes to line up If I pushed the rod in from the right side (brake) through I could get three of 4 holes and missed the last one by half the diameter of the rod( Might have been able to force it) if I tried from the left (shifter) side I could only get two holes, no matter which way I moved the adapter around. Is there an adjustment (grinding one of the tabs) or is there a trick I'm missing?

its funny I've had the adapter almost a year and haven't needed it till now. With the GF out of town was gonna fix tire last night (done) and detail the bike today (if I can figure this out)

i'm gonna subscribe via instant alert so if anyone has an idea it'll shoot right to my phone.

There is also a notch on the front side of the adapter assuming you are referring to the 'Carbon One' adapter. One on each end and those notch must align properly on the front. A little wiggling on your last 4th hole should make it a perfect secure fit.

Good Luck.

Mine had tabs on the front that sort of trapped the frame, mine was always hard to get the last hole lined up also, bought it used so do not know if the PO had adjusted it.

You may want to look at the tabs on the bike that the rod goes thru, sometimes those are bent slightly and need slight adjustments, on mine I always had to get it as close as I could and then grab the rod and muscle the end of the rod to align it to the hole. At first it was a little tricky, but as the years went on it got easier to do.

If I still had my Venture I would go look at it and try to help a bit more , but it is gone.

I think I found the issue. on the rear shock mount that the back bar of the adapter rests against. there's the tiniest bit of weld slag that doesn't allow the cross bar (extreme left in photo) to sit all the way against the frame.adapter1.jpg. So I take my Dremmel out to get at the slag, while I'm there the sun hits the right point and the overflow from the tank/carb I (filled up on the way home from the tire shop) spits gas down about 1 inch from where I'm gonna grind!! So get the drill and gonna make the adapter holes go from 3/8" to 1/2" and the dang battery goes flat. Time for a beer or three and gonna watch Star wars on the DVD....... I ll fix the adapter tomorrow and detail the bike.

This may be late but give it a go next time you want to use the adapter. If the rod is still off a bit try turning the handle of the rod forward, then bend the rod just enough to be able to slip it into the last hole/frame tab. Next turn t handle 180* so it points rearward. That will tighten the adapter to the frame.

Larry

This may be late but give it a go next time you want to use the adapter. If the rod is still off a bit try turning the handle of the rod forward, then bend the rod just enough to be able to slip it into the last hole/frame tab. Next turn t handle 180* so it points rearward. That will tighten the adapter to the frame.

Larry

Thats what I had to do. It wasn't a perfect fit out of the box, but turning the rod handle to a certain spot and wiggled it in with some oomph. But once it's in, it's golden