IGNORED

Balls of steel needed.

Trader

OK...now I have your attention I should mention that I am not afraid nor looking for someone to be brave.:Laugh:

What I need is a single ball bearing steel ball.

I have a "princess auto", air and hydraulic bike table lift with a release pedal.

probably made in China

The pedal pulls a pin on bottom of the hydraulic bottle which allows a steel ball to open a port, releasing the pressure and allowing the oil to flow thru an outlet port back into the reservoir.

I lost that steel ball and you wouldn't believe the problems I have been having trying to find a replacement.

Princess Auto themselves were no help....and the manual doesn't specify the size. or where you can order parts

One company would only sell me a bag of 100 for $12.95

It is deep inside the base but as near as I can eyeball it with my micrometer it is 0.141" or 3.62 mm.

Closest match is 1/8" which is .125" or 3.19 mm

If anyone has one single ball bearing or a few different ones around that size and would be willing to throw it in an envelope and mail it to me I would appreciate it!!!!!

The lift is useless without it. The shaft that pushes the ball bearing into the port to plug the pressure has a bad o'ring...so it leaks like a sieve.

That's why I pulled it apart. That shaft is Spring loaded...I never even saw the ball bearing go flying out.

I just checked I have some balls of steel 1/2" & 7/16". I almost forgot I had balls of steel till I read this post. But then I remembered a long time ago I need steel balls. so I got some. If you think My steel balls are what you need, then let me know I will put my steel balls in an envelope and mail them to you, Then you too my friend will have balls of steel.

Melvin

I just checked I have some balls of steel 1/2" & 7/16". I almost forgot I had balls of steel till I read this post. But then I remembered a long time ago I need steel balls. so I got some. If you think My steel balls are what you need, then let me know I will put my steel balls in an envelope and mail them to you, Then you too my friend will have balls of steel.

Melvin

thanks...but way larger than I need

There is just way way to many openings for sly n funny comments here. I'll check back later, because I just know ole Puc is thinkin sumtin up.

Heyyy,,, leave me out of it DJ,,, I aint teasing noooo body having those kinda problems,,, even I gotta draw the line somewhere!!!!

OK...now I have your attention I should mention that I am not afraid nor looking for someone to be brave.:Laugh:

What I need is a single ball bearing steel ball.

I have a "princess auto", air and hydraulic bike table lift with a release pedal.

probably made in China

The pedal pulls a pin on bottom of the hydraulic bottle which allows a steel ball to open a port, releasing the pressure and allowing the oil to flow thru an outlet port back into the reservoir.

I lost that steel ball and you wouldn't believe the problems I have been having trying to find a replacement.

Princess Auto themselves were no help....and the manual doesn't specify the size. or where you can order parts

One company would only sell me a bag of 100 for $12.95

It is deep inside the base but as near as I can eyeball it with my micrometer it is 0.141" or 3.62 mm.

Closest match is 1/8" which is .125" or 3.19 mm

If anyone has one single ball bearing or a few different ones around that size and would be willing to throw it in an envelope and mail it to me I would appreciate it!!!!!

The lift is useless without it. The shaft that pushes the ball bearing into the port to plug the pressure has a bad o'ring...so it leaks like a sieve.

That's why I pulled it apart. That shaft is Spring loaded...I never even saw the ball bearing go flying out.

Trader,, you get this figured out?? Any idea what size of an o-ring you might need to go with that bearing? I will dig around a little and see what I can come up with...

Ok,, did a little digging,, I had cabinets of those small parts that went out when I sold my air gun stuff,, bummer.. A little research down in the man cave did bring about a couple observations.. If the little ball is being sealing against an o-ring would a precision "BB" maybe work? I have those left over in both .177 and .22 - these are BB's for shooting in a BB gun though - if its sealing against a metal orfice you will probably need a precision bearing.. Also,, if you look at the female portion of a quick disconnect for an air hose (2.50 at HARBOR FREIGHT pictured below) you will notice that the ball bearings that serve as the internal disconnectors are 1/8th inch (I measured em a minute ago with a scale - might be off a few thou).. If you have an extra one of these disconnects laying around, there is little snap ring at the end where the male end plugs in that holds it together - get cha 3 x 1/8th inch bearings...

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/135x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_13967.jpg

Thanks for the idea Puc.

Marcarl may have some for me but if they don't work I'll destroy an air fitting ans see what I can come up with.

Someone else suggested BBs and gave me some (.177") but I haven't tried them yet.

The O-ring is not a problem. A friend gave me a kit with lots off different sizes.

Hi Steve:

If you have an old Zerk fitting, check out the ball in the tip. Not sure what the size it is but may work. Pull one off an old piece of equipment and cut the tip off with a hacksaw.

Just thinking out loud here.

Jim

Good idea Jim,,,, but those thingies are spring loaded, so when he gets the end cut off he'll have to find 2 lost bearings...... lol

By the time you get done destroying things to find your balls of steel in the perfect size, you could just order the right size from McMaster and be done with it and save both time and money. AND still have balls of steel for another day.

I have many bags of stuff hanging around the shop from buying 100 of something and need 1 or 2.