IGNORED

Elio Motors

ediddy

A guy called yesterday to insure an Elio. He has already made a deposit on one. I had never heard of an elio but you can go to eliomotors.com and read about it. As of now, I can't find an insurance company that will insure one of these. Progressive has the rates and coverage set up but they haven't gotten approval to insure yet. On of the unanswered questions is do you have to wear a helmet and/or have a motorcycle license. Someone that checked into the Georgia law says they don't think you do but the law is vague. I wouldn't want one of these but evidently a lot of people do.

I think that these things are really neat, and I always wanted something like this when I was working to drive back and forth in the winter, but now not so sure.

I can understand why you can't find anyone to insure them, as they are not being made yet.

I would think that being 3 wheeled, it would have to be licensed as a MC though.

From their website..

The entire program will roll out this year and will detail all available options. Keep in mind; your Elio will already be nicely equipped with premium features that are standard. These include A/C, Heat, Power Windows, Power Door Lock, AM/FM Stereo, and more.

Personally I am intrigued about this vehicle and as a commuter car/MC it may not be for everyone BUT if they can do what they say and get 84 MPG as well as sell for under $10,000 new with a few creature comforts such as AC I totally believe that when it rolls out the door they won't be able to keep up to the demand.