IGNORED

Bottom Navigation bar removed - Replaced

Freebird

Yesterday I installed a modification that allowed me to categorize our smilies making them easier to find and also allows you to save your 20 most used smilies in your own "My Favorites". We had something similar on the old site and several people had requested that it be brought back.

Installing this modification though created a conflict with the bottom navigation bar that others had requested. This was a navigation bar at the bottom of the page that prevented you from having to scroll all the back to the top of a thread.

After installing the smilies mod, I spent WAY too long trying to figure out why it wouldn't work properly before finding that the bottom navbar was causing the issue. I then spent WAY too long trying to figure out how to modify the navbar mod so that it would work with the smilie mod.

I failed. They will just not co-exist together.

I had to decide which was the more useful modification and decided that the smilie modification was probably most useful. I still knew though that some people find it a real bother to have scroll back to the top after reading the last post of a thread.

So.....I did a simple modification that adds only buttons to get back to the top of the thread that you are reading or back to the list of threads in the forum that you are in.

At the bottom of the last post in a thread is a "quick navigation" drop down menu. You will now find two buttons beside it. One says "GO" and the other says "Top". If you click on the "GO" button, it will take you back the top of the forum that you are in with a list of all the threads. If you click on the "Top" button, it will take you back to the first post in the thread that you are reading.

There are other links in the drop down menu. Back to forum home, other forums, etc. but those two are just click and go so you don't have to click on and then scroll down in the drop down menu.

I think that this accomplishes what you wanted with the bottom navigation bar.

quicknav.jpg