IGNORED

timmies is american

minnmac

Reading USA Today , Wednesday,s edition and in the money section I see Tim Horton,s stockholders just approved its sale. For about 11 billion dollars they will now be owned by Miami based, wait for it, Burger King. To be honest, Burger King is moving to Ontario, tax purposes, so Timmies wont be totally American. I just hope they don't try to mix them together and start serving Whoppers. Sorry to all my northern friends but little by little and soon you,ll be just like us. Just get rid of the ""eh"" and we got ya.

Reading USA Today , Wednesday,s edition and in the money section I see Tim Horton,s stockholders just approved its sale. For about 11 billion dollars they will now be owned by Miami based, wait for it, Burger King.

I don't see much changing, other than my morning cuppa price increase by 10-20% shortly.

:8:

Yep, Burger King is moving to Canada but don't worry, we won't make you say "eh" after every sentence. That is an eastern thing and never caught on out here in the more civilized west. In fact I am not sure that those easterners can even find the west.

I don't see much changing, other than my morning cuppa price increase by 10-20% shortly.

:8:

Shortly? Heck, it went up here by 10 cents about 2 weeks ago at Timms I get my "fix" at the golden arches ... why? because a) it's cheaper, b) their cups are double-walled and require no sleeve, c) their lids are easier to drink out of and don't leak down the side of your chin, d) I get a discount as a senior, e) I get a free coffee after each 7 bought, and finally f) refills are free! Not to mention the coffee tastes just as good as Timms.

I boycotted burger king, it was actually one of the few I liked too. Never tryed Timmies so not missing anything there. If ya cant pay your taxes then ya not getting my money

They will still pay their taxes. Every company that operates in the U.S. pays U.S. taxes on their income here. The problem is we also want to tax the foreign earnings that any U.S. company brings home - money that was already taxed where it was earned. So if BK keeps their headquarters here they will pay Canada AND U.S. tax on the Tims earnings when they bring them back to the U.S.

We're just about the only country that tries that global tax reach. Not only does it hurt our competitiveness, but it encourages our corporations to leave their foreign earnings overseas (to invest in jobs there) rather than bringing it home to help our economy.

Tim's hasn't been Canadian for a number of years, Wendy's bought them. But Burger King isn't American, a Brazilian private-equity firm is the majority owner and has been calling the shots in the takeover of Tim Hortons. They also own Budweiser and Heinz, the reality of the Global economy.

The company from Brazil is 3G Capital Inc.

Edited by The Tooch
Added 3G

Shortly? I get my "fix" at the golden arches ... why? because a) it's cheaper, b) their cups are double-walled and require no sleeve, c) their lids are easier to drink out of and don't leak down the side of your chin, d) I get a discount as a senior, e) I get a free coffee after each 7 bought, and finally f) refills are free! Not to mention the coffee tastes just as good as Timms.
:sign busted: can't argue with 'all of the above' and have to admit 'd' is the deal breaker.

if ol' Leafs #7 was around today ...