IGNORED

New digital carb sync board

tz89

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished getting all my parts.

I am building it for 6 just in case I need 6 some day.

Jeff, let me know how it goes. I have the board but haven't ordered parts yet....still not sure about this whole thing. still don't have my head around how the thing goes together.....old age in the way I guess!

I'm glad to help. Feel free to PM, too. I use the feedback to improve the instructions.

Basically:

1. Mount the sensors.

2. Mount the 2 switches and resistor.

3. Put header pins into the arduino, sync board on top of that and solder. The sync board plugs/unplugs.

4. Solder pins to the LCD and then solder that to the sync board.

5. Solder either header pins or a jump wire to the power selector.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo of my new black label boards. A little more expensive for me, but lead-free (can export anywhere) and with some minor text improvements. Most important, fast and reliable supply.

black label boards 01 small.jpg

Edited by tz89

• 2 weeks later...

In his early posts and his ad I get credit. In that post it sounds like his design.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.” Attributed to Ronald Reagan, and others in various forms back to 1863. http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/12/21/doing-good-selfless/

As long as he is buying the boards from me, and doesn't deliberately mislead, I can roll with it.

But thanks for asking. I do appreciate that greatly.

• 3 weeks later...
Did he give you credit for your work?

Now he has put together his own configuration and doesn't mention where anything came from.

Of all the forums I've seen, this one is still the best. Best $12 ever!

Verical has a minimum of 6 units.....anybody want 2?

Sorry to hear the person you were good to has taken advantage of you and your work. Maybe we should all go over to his posts and mention that your boards look great!

I just went on his site and left him a polite email....

david

Edited by videoarizona
Add

I posted everything on Github to encourage open source collaboration. Anyone and everyone can take that and run with it then give back. If you have electronics, software or box building skills go for it. He has and did a fairly good job.

In the online economy it is always better to attribute and say thank you (both are free) than create ill will or even just suspicions (which may not be free). Life is short and the internet remembers forever.

Edited by tz89

No need to bug him. What I like about this group is that we are a model of good forum behavior. Everyone should be so lucky.

Maybe the bosses should tame Congress next.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Verical is selling the sensors for $10! That really helps.

https://www.verical.com/pd/freescale-pressure-sensor-MPXV6115VC6U-253910

Verical's site says the minimum order is either 40 unit's from Hong Kong or 20 from the Netherlands? It's been a few months, did they change the minimum or am I reading this wrong? Mouser is a little more expensive, but it doesn't look like they have a minimum order so are they the one to go with?

They have run that sale price a few times with different minimums and may again.

Normally it is best to order all the parts from Digi-key in one go. Saves on shipping which will add up if you start ordering from multiple sources.

Thank's I just saw Digi-key has the for the same $14.47 for the pressure sensors so yes its best to buy from them for all but the UNO R3 Board, they really can get you with shipping. Thanks for a good package I think it's all coming together for me

Edited by Vonwolf

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is now on Github. Code, 2 compiled versions ready to load, board files to make your own, the CD files with instructions and pictures. Everything.

Just google 'github digital carb sync shield'.

I do have some nice quality black label boards if you want to skip making your own. PM me or contact me through Github.

• 2 years later...

I'll start bringing this up to date now that I have a tour deluxe to experiment on. I'll be looking for lessons learned from others syncing their second gen engines.

Need to refine the RPM feature. It's a contest between responsiveness and jitter. I sold my 89 before I got it exactly the way I thought it needed to be.

If any of you who built or bought one I can make the experimental software version available. Just contact me on digital carb sync dot com here.

• 2 weeks later...