IGNORED

Stop the junk or the forum dies!

tz89

All of a sudden I see dozens, hundreds of listings from ebay as new posts. If this is some new automated feature, turn it off, please. If it continues, the pleasure and value of the forum goes way down, imho. If I want to check the classifieds or ebay I'll go there.

Thanks. Takes awhile to fine tune this new site to my liking.

WOW after fixing this in my profile I went looking at new posts. NOW I see what your talking about. OMG it looks like someone copied the want ads from the Detroit free press or something. there mus be 50 entries for stuff for sale. Surely one fellow dont have all that crap for sale.

Edited by djh3

OK I have went into the settings and found the place at very bottom of page when it asks about Exclude forums from "What's New" highlighted the "links to craigslist/ebay" but still when I come back and select the whats new button a ton of the threads are this craigslist garbage. HOW do I eliminate this. I had almost an entire page of this.

OK I have went into the settings and found the place at very bottom of page when it asks about Exclude forums from "What's New" highlighted the "links to craigslist/ebay" but still when I come back and select the whats new button a ton of the threads are this craigslist garbage. HOW do I eliminate this. I had almost an entire page of this.

You almost got there. Right below the "links to craigslist/ebay" is "ebay listings". Exclude that one and you will get rid of the un-wanted ebay ads.

I THINK I've also turned the Ebay ads off globally for the What's New and Activity Streams. Not sure yet. Will see if any more get posted. To be sure though, it may be best to turn them off in your settings. I know you don't want them to take over but believe it or not, they were a much requested feature. No reason we can't please the folks on both sides.