IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

Started that way but PO stripped all the royale stuff off of his other venture and put it on the '88. What years had the two tone grey? I think he said his other bike was an 86. Anyway, it has all the Royale stuff including all the Ventureline safety chrome.

Only the 1988 Standard is "two tone gray", Salt Lake Silver and Antony Gray. That color was only used one year for the US market Venture.

Salt Lake Silver/Anthony Gray was used on the 1989 European market XVZ13TD. Again one year.

The "Royale" emblems are just stick on with double faced foam tape (in fact, ALL the various emblems, badges, name plates on the plastic are applied using 'trim' tape).

Perhaps the PO decided to put all the Royale features on the Standard, including the Royale emblems.

So you have Yamaha factory audio system complete with CB?

Do you have CLASS air suspension controller and compressor?

Hello, this the vin off a 1983 I just purchased. appears to be gold/cream color.

JYA31M009DA003993.

Also I am a little perplexed with PA. title, (Date Pa titled 09/17/1987) does this mean it was a leftover and purchased in 1997 or purchased in a different state in 1983 and brought to PA. state and titled in 1987? anybody?

Thank you for the VIN, reefer.

I can't explain the date discrepancy, but sometimes there were some really long sitting leftovers. Your bike was made in April 1983; add a month or so to get to the States and then it may have sat in a warehouse waiting for a dealer to order it, but by then the 1984's were out. It MIGHT have sat that long waiting to be sold, but I doubt it. By 1987, the second version of the First Gen was on the showroom floors. But who knows?

• 5 weeks later...

Ok Kevin eat your heart out: 1983 XVZ12T VIN JYA26H004DA002111. In BLACK Don't know the miles she's got.

1983 XVZ12TDK VIN JYA31M003DA001141. In Alluvial Gold. She's got 26k on the clock. She's getting all the new parts that are on the 83.5 once she's up and running. Most of the body work is intact except for one side of the front fairing, but the same side on the black bike's fairing is perfect. So I was going to re-paint her anyway. The lowers' (they got one small piece busted off and ear...the lowers' cross member, the side panels and saddle bags all good. I'll be retaining the '85's rear trunk though, it holds TWO helmets!

Both in my garage next to the 83.5 and the 85 oh and the '99.

Edited by dna9656

• 3 weeks later...

I'll Throw my '87 in-

Build Date is 8/86

Mileage is 36 Thousand

JYA1NL00XHAO1O639

The title says it was originally Blk/Sil I guess Black/Silver, but by the time I bought it the color was some god-awful Green. This is the first time I've really looked at the title so it appears I'm unintentionally going back to the original color, I wish they would have left it alone I like Black and Silver

Thank you guys for your contributions.

Blaine, I always appreciate the Canadian VINs. Helps to answer questions about the timing of Canadian vs. US builds.

Pete, your 1987 Royale, XVZ13DT was not offered in Black/Silver by the factory. The 1987 Royale was available in Alluvial Gold/Silky Gold or in Elegant Brown/Imperial Brown. It seems it may have been repainted twice.

Wade, your Venture is a California bike. It is also the latest California 1993 I have in the database.

Thanks all for your contributions.

Wade, your Venture is a California bike. It is also the latest California 1993 I have in the database.

I knew mine was a CA bike the guy a bought it from was the original owner and bought it at Hayward Yamaha in of course Hayward California or so the license plate frame says.

That's cool to know :happy34:

Pete, your 1987 Royale, XVZ13DT was not offered in Black/Silver by the factory. The 1987 Royale was available in Alluvial Gold/Silky Gold or in Elegant Brown/Imperial Brown. It seems it may have been repainted twice.

Thanks all for your contributions.

Thanks; I really don't know how the blk/sil got on the title same goes for the first color. I've never really owned a bike with all this plastic on it so I'm not sure how they're made but aren't they formed out of the final colors then pin stripped and all kind of like Gelcoat? It's not real important, but the plastic seems to be black all they way through, god only know where the plastics came from. It's going to end out Black some day

... I'm not sure how they're made but aren't they formed out of the final colors then pin stripped and all kind of like Gelcoat?

Virtually all the plastic on First Gen Ventures is ABS plastic. ABS is black and the body parts are molded ABS and the raw ABS panels are painted, pinstriped and finally a clear coat is applied.

• 2 weeks later...