IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

I don't think there is a way to stick JUST the file. You could create a new post and attach the file. Then I could unstick the other one and stick the new one and close it to any responses so that just the one post and attached file is there. You wouldn't be able to update it though so really it would be useless.

• 5 months later...

Just stumbled across this thread (again?) and can't remember if I ever posted my VIN. My Post history says not. So, my apologies if I duplicate:

Primary Running Venture: 1989 Blue with 72477 Miles. Still very nearly stock with a few "donor" parts from the secondary bike.

JYA1NLE04KA027243

Model XVZ13DW Color: 1989 blue DW/DWC Dull Blue Cocktail / Dark Grayish Blue Metallic

(Key Code 76547 uses blank C32010-C79897- YH48 / YAMA-19I) - Hope that helps somebody!

Secondary Parts Donor (Seized motor): 1989 Red with ~81000 miles. Very modified with boards, rails, racks, chrome & lighting.

VIN: JYA1NLE08KA027830 EIN: INL-027830 MODEL: XVZ13DW

8151.jpg

7938.jpg

Edited by ChiefCass
add pictures?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Allen, your multiple photos are not in focus, but I THINK your VIN is 31H 000506?

If so, your Venture is a 1983 XVZ12TK (Standard, non Royale Venture) intended for Canada.

I've seen several examples of your "too short" VIN, all were originally registered in Canada.

The 17 character VIN that your insurance company and registration entity seemingly requires, was not universally adopted by all countries in early (January?) 1983 when your Venture was built. It IS a valid VIN, though.

Boo almost warm enough to bust out the bike and registry’s still refusing me :( still say invalid vin

You can build a vin to match the current "requirements" there is a strict formula for them but I don't know it off the top of my head. I seem to recall a thread floating around here somewhere that went through it. I did this for an '81 Yamaha SECA for my insurance agent. Her under writers kept kicking my policy due to an "invalid VIN" so I built the VIN from the formula and there was never another problem. I don't know if this will work for the licensing agency, but it might be worth a try.

• 1 month later...

Near stock 1983 1200 XVZ 1200

VIN: JYA26H002DA000650

Don't have Date of Mfg, But Date first sold CA 10/83

I would be curious to see what has been compiled so far

Leo

Edited by lmgk77
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

Paris has 114543 Km grey in colour, and is my daily rider, Churchill my donor has 56530km also grey, the Royal Sudbury is brown with 65588km all named after the Ontario where there were first bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk