IGNORED

Two clichés came true in one crash....

pbjman

Happened to me a long time ago....

#1. Most accidents happen close to home

#2. I didn't even SEE the motorcycle

I was coming home from work at the end of the day; summertime; plenty of daylight.

On MY OWN street, whipped the wheel of my P/U truck to turn into MY OWN DRIVEWAY and WHAM! What the heck was that! So I got out quickly and there's a dude getting to his feet and a motorcycle laying in the street by the side of my truck. I had apparently suddenly turned left right in front of him. I remember him throwing his helmet on the ground and sayin "What did you do that for?" My answer: "I didn't see you? Where did you come from?" He was pretty annoyed but a decent guy, non-violent, and a fairly little guy on a smaller bike. It was a residential area; low-speed crash, he wasn't hurt. His headlight left a round imprint on the side of my old truck and his front forks were bent back so the wheel couldn't move anymore. I remember a regular tow truck driver just wrapping his boom cable around the bike and driving away with it dangling off the back. I don't even think I got a ticket even though I deserved it.

Now that I ride; I see all motorcycles when driving my cars. Sometimes I even have the urge to wave at them if I have been riding recently.:)

Also, when I ride, I am always watching for someone to do something dumb like I once did!

Edited by pbjman
finicky

To err is human!

To some... you should have received a life sentence because you had the audacity to have had an accident with a motorcycle.

I have many thousand miles on my motorcycles, but still almost pulled out in front of a rider this summer. I seen him in time... but another few feet and :shock3:

I saw a motorcyclist today that was an accident waiting to happen. He was riding in Florida with a dark colored bike (sport bike) and no headlights. I almost pulled out in front of him and I have decent vision. There are a lot of seniors down here who probably wouldn't have seen him.

Dennis

Glad no one got hurt.

Yes there are some riders that I think are trying to get hit.

Bike painted completely flat black, driver dressed in black leathers wearing a flat black helmet, driving near dusk with no lights on. I almost got him. There are also a few riders that dress in city camo to ride around in the city.

I often wear my blaze orange deer hunting stuff.

Happened to me a long time ago....

#1. Most accidents happen close to home

#2. I didn't even SEE the motorcycle

I was coming home from work at the end of the day; summertime; plenty of daylight.

On MY OWN street, whipped the wheel of my P/U truck to turn into MY OWN DRIVEWAY and WHAM! What the heck was that! So I got out quickly and there's a dude getting to his feet and a motorcycle laying in the street by the side of my truck. I had apparently suddenly turned left right in front of him. I remember him throwing his helmet on the ground and sayin "What did you do that for?" My answer: "I didn't see you? Where did you come from?" He was pretty annoyed but a decent guy, non-violent, and a fairly little guy on a smaller bike. It was a residential area; low-speed crash, he wasn't hurt. His headlight left a round imprint on the side of my old truck and his front forks were bent back so the wheel couldn't move anymore. I remember a regular tow truck driver just wrapping his boom cable around the bike and driving away with it dangling off the back. I don't even think I got a ticket even though I deserved it.

Now that I ride; I see all motorcycles when driving my cars. Sometimes I even have the urge to wave at them if I have been riding recently.:)

Also, when I ride, I am always watching for someone to do something dumb like I once did!

Doesn't that hurt your hand when you jam your fingers down into that pocket in your trucks door? :stickpoke: It does mine. :whistling:

Bryan