IGNORED

dangdest thing iv'e ever seen

hipshot

or heard tell of.

my bike has been in my "work shed", for better than three MONTHS!

not a soul around it, except me.

a couple of weeks ago, i did the "battery cable upgrade", and ALL was fine.

today, i went out there, and the WHOLE RIGHT FRONT " FAIRING, has begun to disintegrate!

right in front of where my right knee would normally ride, the whole corner, is split completely through, from top to bottom. the side that attaches to the frame, is also broken. two pieces, almost as large a cigarette package, stayed on the bike , when i took the fairing off.

i will definitely take my "gremlin bells" off, tomorrow! they seem to be attracting the little devils, instead of warding them off!

anyone else ever had this sort of problem?

just jt

Hey JT,

Don't worry about what RedNeck said. His a legend in his own mind:stirthepot: But we still Love him.:)

Talking about the little bell, Peg bought one the other day at the Yamaha house and I set it in the trunk for the time being, last two mornings I had antifreeze in the floor. Had no leaks untill the bell came along. So I took the lower fairing apart and ran the motor for over an hour NO antifreeze leak no where? So now I figured its time to use or loose that bell.

Sorry for you fairing coming apart like that. Maybe some of the family here will help you out with the parts.

Its not uncommon for a first gen to fall apart without riding it. Its all part of antique ownership.:stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

hey , mike.

i knew that one was coming!

after all, you don't have ANYTHING else to do!

PERFECT 2nd gen!

perfect business!

perfect weather!

perfect health!

heck you will probably vote for Hillary, too!

for the rest of us, life is challenging!

lo

just jt

jt

I got a stupid question. Mine did that on the left side and it dern near drove me nuts untill i remembered spilling some brake fluid on it just a few days before. i thought i had it all cleaned up but when i took it apart i found it on the inside as well. It got my faring and lower faring.

A good cleanning and some plastex and it is all back together now.....

Just a thought, ya aint spillt none on it have ya???

Hey JT,

Don't worry about what RedNeck said. His a legend in his own mind:stirthepot: But we still Love him.:)

Talking about the little bell, Peg bought one the other day at the Yamaha house and I set it in the trunk for the time being, last two mornings I had antifreeze in the floor. Had no leaks untill the bell came along. So I took the lower fairing apart and ran the motor for over an hour NO antifreeze leak no where? So now I figured its time to use or loose that bell.

Sorry for you fairing coming apart like that. Maybe some of the family here will help you out with the parts.

BUDDY!

i"have got it covered up like a wet blanket"!

borrowed a "plastic welding kit", from my work place.

not a "hot air", type , just a "soldering iron", type!

it will WELD any type plastic , on the market!

i tried it out tonight, and love the results!

i am gonna buy one, and maybe "go into business" for myself.

LOTS OF crotch rockets, and HARDLEY's out there, that aren't covered by warranty!

after i look into this "broken plastic", thing, -----ya'll MIGHT be calling me MR> Hipshot!

lol

just jt

jt

I got a stupid question. Mine did that on the left side and it dern near drove me nuts untill i remembered spilling some brake fluid on it just a few days before. i thought i had it all cleaned up but when i took it apart i found it on the inside as well. It got my faring and lower faring.

A good cleanning and some plastex and it is all back together now.....

Just a thought, ya aint spillt none on it have ya???

I was going to mention something about the brake fluid as well. Just a thought.

Guest tessa c2

that is just what i was thinking also it's the break fluid, even if you wipe it very clean it still gets into the plastic. and that is the goofy part, you will notice it a couple of weeks later:080402gudl_prv:

Guest tessa c2

just one other thing with these bell aren't they suppose to ring every so often to shake the little fellows out, just be carefull not to shake them out on the shop floor:whistling:

thanks guys, for all the serious replys.

as a matter of fact, i DO remember spilling some brake fluid/overflowing the reservoir, about three weeks ago .

that was when i was cleaning up my front calipers!

problem FOUND!

solution= lots of welding.

just jt

You realize that an antique such as a first gen. like some snowbirds, needs to retire to a warmer climate like Florida so they can deteriorate with dignity. :whistling:

Ruffrider that statement made me laugh out loud and tears welled up.

The tag line is a classic.(deteriorate with dignity) Thank for the laugh..........Ron

hey , mike.

i knew that one was coming!

after all, you don't have ANYTHING else to do!

PERFECT 2nd gen!

perfect business!

perfect weather!

perfect health!

heck you will probably vote for Hillary, too!

for the rest of us, life is challenging!

lo

just jt

Well you got a couple rite I have a perfect second gen just like all second gen owners. Perfect business? I just got in after 14 hrs that ain't my idea of perfect. It hasn't rained here sense august and the wind has been blowing 50 mph with lots of dust. I woke up alive this morning so I guess I'm healthy. I did vote for Hillary , me and Rush had a plan and its working beautifully.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All these 2nd genners on here talkin' about their bikes. HMMMM, couldn't hear 'em, cause even with my bike torn down for maintenance, IT'S STILL FASTER THAN THEIRS WILL EVER HOPE TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crackup::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie:

dAN

Well you got a couple rite I have a perfect second gen just like all second gen owners. Perfect business? I just got in after 14 hrs that ain't my idea of perfect. It hasn't rained here sense august and the wind has been blowing 50 mph with lots of dust. I woke up alive this morning so I guess I'm healthy. I did vote for Hillary , me and Rush had a plan and its working beautifully.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mike , i hear ya on the wind and dust, thing.

i don't recall ever seeing a year, with 20 to 30 mph wind EVERYDAY!!!

seems like even when a front blows in, there ain't the usual 4 hour "lull". it just changes direction and keeps on howling!

as for rain, we got a couple of showers , first part of the week.

rained MUD! literally!

red mud, from west texas!.

glad you and Rush have a plan! you seem to be the ONLY ones, who do!

lol

just jt