IGNORED

Trunk light bar lenses.

For a long while I have read on here that Big Bike Parts has replacement lenses for the original after market trunk light bar and that it was necessary to call to order them because they were not listed on their web site. Due to time constraints relating to time zones and my lack of access to a phone at an opportune time I had not been able to follow up on ordering these lenses. To get around this issue I tried several times to get an email response. A couple of weeks ago I was successful and found someone who responded to my inquiries.

I made a suggestion that it would be a good thing if these lenses were be listed and I just received a note to say that they now are up on BigBikeParts.com.

If anyone is interested, the links are here:

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=900100RL&GroupGuid=674

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=900100LL&GroupGuid=674

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=900100L&GroupGuid=674

By the by, these lenses should fit the OEM reflector bar on the Mk II's which is just a little bit shallower. I haven't tried to put them in yet but they are the same dimensions which means there is enough room for LED's instead of the original incandescent bulbs. Pretty much the way we all would want to go anyway.

Oh yes, a set of these lenses cost substantially less than even broken reflectors available on eBay.

For a long while I have read on here that Big Bike Parts has replacement lenses for the original after market trunk light bar and that it was necessary to call to order them because they were not listed on their web site. Due to time constraints relating to time zones and my lack of access to a phone at an opportune time I had not been able to follow up on ordering these lenses. To get around this issue I tried several times to get an email response. A couple of weeks ago I was successful and found someone who responded to my inquiries.

I made a suggestion that it would be a good thing if these lenses were be listed and I just received a note to say that they now are up on BigBikeParts.com.

If anyone is interested, the links are here:

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=900100RL&GroupGuid=674

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=900100LL&GroupGuid=674

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=900100L&GroupGuid=674

By the by, these lenses should fit the OEM reflector bar on the Mk II's which is just a little bit shallower. I haven't tried to put them in yet but they are the same dimensions which means there is enough room for LED's instead of the original incandescent bulbs. Pretty much the way we all would want to go anyway.

Oh yes, a set of these lenses cost substantially less than even broken reflectors available on eBay.

I'm a little confused?? If you're looking for trunk lenses, I don't think this is what you're linked to... The trunk reflector is one piece. At least it is on my '91. The lower reflectors are 3 pieces. Here's a pic of my '91. Wish my front lawn looked like that now....:whistling:

P1000897 (Medium).JPG

I'm a little confused?? If you're looking for trunk lenses, I don't think this is what you're linked to... The trunk reflector is one piece. At least it is on my '91. The lower reflectors are 3 pieces. Here's a pic of my '91. Wish my front lawn looked like that now....:whistling:

Yes, Jack, you are confused.:whistling:

As Camos pointed out in his post, he was posting links to Big Bike Parts and the replacement lenses for the aftermarket lighted trunk 'reflector' by (wait for it...) Big Bike Parts! Not OEM trunk reflector.

Yes, Jack, you are confused.:whistling:

As Camos pointed out in his post, he was posting links to Big Bike Parts and the replacement lenses for the aftermarket lighted trunk 'reflector' by (wait for it...) Big Bike Parts! Not OEM trunk reflector.

OK, so let me get this straight... :) The links to the lenses, that Camos posted, are for the TRUNK?? Made by BigBikeBandits.... Yes?? I don't think I compared them to OEM, but with the pic, maybe I did?? It's just that they look so much like the reflectors above the saddle bag/bumper bling... And the lighted TRUNK relector I bought from BBB many moons ago was a one piece on a close out... Wish I'd bought them all, but at the time all I owned was one VR...

OK, so let me get this straight... :) The links to the lenses, that Camos posted, are for the TRUNK?? Made by BigBikeBandits.... Yes?? I don't think I compared them to OEM, but with the pic, maybe I did?? It's just that they look so much like the reflectors above the saddle bag/bumper bling... And the lighted TRUNK relector I bought from BBB many moons ago was a one piece on a close out... Wish I'd bought them all, but at the time all I owned was one VR...

I can't say how the "Big Bike Bandits" reflector/lighted trunk thingie is constructed. (Note that he and I are talking about the aftermarket trunk lighted reflector by Big Bike Parts).

I had a Big Bike Parts brand lighted trunk reflector on my 1990. The Big Bike Parts lighted reflector consisted of three lenses; one long red lighted reflector lens in the middle and an amber lighted reflector for the turn signals on each end.

Yes, he referenced the upper trunk after-market... here's mine without a turn signal turned on... yeah, I added a few more bulbs in there... also note the illuminated Yamaha reflector below the license.

http://www.bergall.org/temp/venture/rearlight.jpg

OK Guys. Please forgive me. It's funny how old age will play tricks with the gray matter. I just went out to look at the light bar again and found that I hadn't even opened the box. So went ahead and took a look. The bar I have is a Show Chrome, and is in one piece. At least I got that right... But it does have the amber wrap around tips.. My apologies for stiring things up.... :backinmyday:

OK Guys. Please forgive me. It's funny how old age will play tricks with the gray matter. I just went out to look at the light bar again and found that I hadn't even opened the box. So went ahead and took a look. The bar I have is a Show Chrome, and is in one piece. At least I got that right... But it does have the amber wrap around tips.. My apologies for stiring things up.... :backinmyday:

Wow! NIP!

OK, Jack. That IS a "Big Bike Parts" trunk lighted reflector that we have been talking about. "Show Chrome" was/is the brand that Big Bike Parts owns.

Look closely, and you will see that, in fact, the amber lens and the red lens are separate pieces.

Camos original post was pointing toward those EXACT SAME replacement lenses for your bling.

Wanna sell that Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts Venture Trunk Light?

Huh? Do Ya!?

Wow! NIP!

OK, Jack. That IS a "Big Bike Parts" trunk lighted reflector that we have been talking about. "Show Chrome" was/is the brand that Big Bike Parts owns.

Look closely, and you will see that, in fact, the amber lens and the red lens are separate pieces.

Camos original post was pointing toward those EXACT SAME replacement lenses for your bling.

Wanna sell that Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts Venture Trunk Light?

Huh? Do Ya!?

LOL..... I'll take your word for it as it's back in the box and stowed away again. And NFS, I'll find something to slap it on around here somewhere.... Maybe the '87??? :big-grin-emoticon: