IGNORED

Thinkin' about making a move on this, but.....

uncledj

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/for/4707024957.html

I came across this on Craigslist and was thinking about pulling the trigger on it. It looks like it'd make a good bike trailer if I lengthen the hitch arm a bit. My concern is that it looks like it sits higher than most bike trailers.

I'd like to hear any opinions before I make a move on it.

:confused24::cool10::confused24:

Went and picked it up today. Trailer was as advertised, in decent shape. Seems pretty light, but....THIS THING IS HUGE.......Definitely bigger than other bike trailers I've seen. I'm not worried at all about the weight, but with the size of it, I'm hoping it's not gonna be a problem to tow with the bike. Having never towed a trailer with a bike before, I'm a tad bit nervous about it.

:fingers-crossed-emo

if it proves to be too high as you suspect it can easily be lowered by putting the axle on top of the springs instead of under. May have to add new spring pads if the axle has built in camber, if it is a simple straight axle just flip it upside down

One of the things I remember about my trailer when we had it was where I had to ride in the lane. I typically now ride in left wheel track. My trailer I had was about 26-30" wide I think. This and most I see now are wider. So typically you ride in center of lane and trailer wheels ride in wheel ruts. Changing lanes will take some getting use to on some roads with deeper tracks.

The guy I bought it from said it had 8" wheels on it originally,.....he put the 12" wheels on.

I may want to lower it as suggested, but I'd really like to keep the 12" wheels. I'll definitely have to lengthen the tongue, which will also give me the chance to fab a cooler rack for the front.

Definitely have to lower the tongue so that it'll sit level when connected.:cool10: