IGNORED

Running rich , poor spark r/f

Hello all. Here's the issue. Have a 83 Venture Mk1. Upgrades in progress. Mk2 tubes. R6 calipers..

Issue I'm have is all things check out to specs. Did find a bad boost sensor. Located one and replaced. Machine much improved. Carbs rebuilt prior to purchase . Did the sea foam regime to er on caution.

Inspected all sides with air cleaner assembly removed all move accordingly.

So I'm open to suggestions......I also I stalled a know good TCI from the beast.

If it's been anywhere near water I would pull the cap off of each plug and blow it out with compressed air. Also use the compressed air to blow out the recessed plug hole (with the plug in it). This is something that happens to machines with recessed plugs. A little water gets in the bottom and when the engine warms it turns to water vapor and finds it's way inside the plug cap. The water vapor can then shunt your spark directly to ground, bypassing the plug and preventing that cylinder from firing. It happened to me one of the first times I washed my VN2K and recently with my VR as well. A bird p00ped on my right speaker grill and I ran water, lot's of it, on the grill to wash it off. The next time I went to ride it it ran like crap after warming a little. After parking it for a few hours it seemed to improve, which I was happy about but it was unsettling nonetheless. A day or two later I noticed some p00py looking crud had accumulated in the right front plug area, streaming down from above and onto the top of the "timing?" cover. So I realized that my washing had carried the "crap" on down and deposited it while the moisture defeated that plug, possibly even the rear one on that side as well since there was a small deposit there as well. So to wrap it all up here, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread to tell about my difficulties but if it helps you that's a good thing. I know it's quite a saga and I really should have opened my own thread to air it out but this one just kind of seemed convenient and who wants to start a thread just to complain that a bird thought so little of my motorbike that he (or she) took a big dump right on my speaker grill? It's not a lot of work if you have compressed air to use so you may as well try this out before you go starting on more difficult stuff to fix your problem. Good luck!