IGNORED

Flying out to get my "new to me" bike

CMCOFFEY

Sitting in the airport in Las Vegas Nevada waiting to fly to Sioux Falls South Dakota where I am buying a bike as old as I am (1984 February build date). After getting fresh tires for it tomorrow, I am going to ride 1,400 miles home. I will be stopping for the night in Denver CO.

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey that sounds fun...but I personally would be avoiding Denver....heavy traffic...high lodging prices...

But maybe you have a relative or friend there that will let you 'couch-surf' for the nite.

Or a possible shopping trip for wacky tobacky? :rotfl:

Have a good trip!

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis
Sitting in an airport in Denver CO for the next hour.

I might have to stay past Denver or before it if the lodging is too high.

I dont think its too high if you need to stay in Denver....$75 to $150 is reasonable if you want a nice room and will be conducting business in the big city or entertaining...

But...if you are just passing thru...you can find decent rooms on the Front Range (east of Denver) in small towns for around $50 or maybe less, and Idaho Springs, a bit west of Denver, is a quaint little town with decent prices (during the summer) for rooms in the mom-n-pop type places.

I'm sure you already know that traveling by motorcycle in the Rockies after dark even in summer requires some very warm riding gear...just an FYI.

If you are sure you want to stay in Denver, do a google search for Denver Hostels....you might even find a bed for $20 or so.

Hey....if it was ski season you would probably be out of luck...but rarely do we travel by motorcycle thru the Rockies during ski season....right?

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Hey Coff, those ol 1st Gens LOVE roadside campin,,grab a sleeping bag from Goodwill, hang a set of dirty socks on the bars - keep the outlaws and the bears away!!!

Also, never ever did get booted from a Walmart parking lot (good one in Sterling Co - just dont set a tent up..

Wish I was there with ya sonshine,,, we would find a spot!!

What am I saying,,, you know the routine as well as I do..:backinmyday:

Puc

Guest tx2sturgis
Hey Coff, those ol 1st Gens LOVE roadside campin,,grab a sleeping bag from Goodwill, hang a set of dirty socks on the bars - keep the outlaws and the bears away!!!

Also, never ever did get booted from a Walmart parking lot (good one in Sterling Co - just dont set a tent up..

Wish I was there with ya sonshine,,, we would find a spot!!

What am I saying,,, you know the routine as well as I do..:backinmyday:

Puc

Ah...a true gypsy....and BTW...I never did see the cowpie tent out there in the barditch at Sturgis!

:moon:

Ah...a true gypsy....and BTW...I never did see the cowpie tent out there in the barditch at Sturgis!

:moon:

Indeed,, we never made it back out this year - I would have went Ural hunting if we would have!!

You check my camping spot out Brian?? I posted its address and everything!! Pretty nice spot eay!! Hope if you camped there you didnt dig any big holes with that Ural that ol Tweeks will fall into cause are planning to be camping there for the 75th!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

THANKS FOR SAYING "GYPSIE" INSTEAD OF "HOMELESS PERSON":rotf::rotf:

Sitting in the airport in Las Vegas Nevada waiting to fly to Sioux Falls South Dakota where I am buying a bike as old as I am (1984 February build date). After getting fresh tires for it tomorrow, I am going to ride 1,400 miles home. I will be stopping for the night in Denver CO.

CM: I am on the Southwest side of Denver. You are more than welcome to stay here. Plenty of room. PM me or cell is in members list.

Leland

I am back down in Sioux Falls waiting for the dealership to open so I can get my new tires. Love the bike. Dave, you did a great job at getting her dialed in. She likes to exceed the speed limit with out letting me know. She just creaps on up to 85.

Hopefully this rain stops soon.

Glad you like her, Chris. She does like to stretch her legs a bit! I have been watching the National Weather Service RADAR and as of 0829, you should be able to ride out of the rain in about a half hour or so. Then it should be clear sailing with just an isolated area here and there all the way to Denver.

Have a safe and FUN trip!

Dave

Everything has its reason,, maybe by waiting on those slow mechanic fellers you will miss all the rain for your trip home!!

Have a safe and fun trip sonshine!! Tippy says hi and says she wishes we were following you thru all that gorgeous country you get to ride thru.. If you happen to have a way of posting some pics up we would both LOVE to see some..

CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW BABY! Hope her and Genesis hit it off right from the get go!!

By the way, where ya having your tires changed and any idea what route your taking back?