IGNORED

Do I need to change rear wheel bearing?

I'm working on a '92 Royale and I will be removing the rear wheel to put on a new tire. I was thinking this would be a good time to change the wheel bearing (odometer reads 27,000+ but I think it's 127,000+). I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly to order.

On the fiche, I see a collar (90387-203H7-00), cylindrical bearing (93317-32635-00) and a bearing (93306-30417-00). Do I need all three of these parts? I can't find the collar. Do I need something else? What usually gets changed, if anything? Or, is the rear wheel bearing not something that usually gets changed and I just need to make sure it's greased?

Thank you so much for reading this post and I look forward to reading any replies.

Richard

Here is some info that might be useful re specific bearings needed (and related optional parts) that was originally provided to me by Marcarl. It includes prices from a particular supplier who offers a discount. I understand that the roller bearing (on the right side) is only available from Yamaha.

Ummmmm.....

Forget something?

What info??:stickpoke::stickpoke::rasberry:

If the bike has 27K miles the bearings are likely fine. If it really has 127K like you suspect then it may be a good idea to replace the bearings while you are in there, for peace of mind if nothing else.

As soon as the parts get here, I'll be replacing the bearings front and rear.

In the meantime, I got carbs to finish rebuilding and valve shims to replace. Hopefully, the valve shims will be here in a day or so.

Already got the Progressive Springs installed, thanks to SkyDoc_17 for speedy delivery.

Wow! I'm getting anxious to ride now.

Thanks everyone for all the help,

Hey Evan,

Thanks for the reply. That info you mentioned, where can I find it?

Richard

Sorry - Don't know why it didn't get included in earlier post. Here it is again, as provided to me by Marcarl:

The needle bearing is only available from Yamaha, and you'll need the inner race as well.

Parts you'll need:

Oil Seal

93106-40027-00

Oil Seal

93102-25064-00

Bearing, Cylindrical

93311-32698-00

Collar

90387-203H7-00

Bearing (B6304zz)

93306-30437-00

Total: $70 from Yamaha Sports Plaza, plus shipping and waiting time.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50042d36f8700209bc789f1c/rear-wheel

You could also install a new dust seal:

Seal, Hub Dust

1J7-25319-02-00 for 10 bucks, unless you already have done this.

Thanks for the info Evan,

That needle bearing your referring to, is that the cylindrical bearing with part# 93311-32698-00?

And the inner race you mentioned, is that the collar, part# 90387-203H7-00, shown on the fiche?

I hope your day is pleasant and rewarding.

When you do the needle brg you will find a lip on the backside making it a pain to knock out once you do get it out and before installing the new brg put two notches across from each other in the lip so next time around you can use a punch or screwdriver to drive it out

When you do the needle brg you will find a lip on the backside making it a pain to knock out once you do get it out and before installing the new brg put two notches across from each other in the lip so next time around you can use a punch or screwdriver to drive it out

Bearings aren't here yet, but when I get in there, I'll be able to visualize what you suggest.

Thanks so much. That's the kind of suggestion that comes from experience and I love it.