IGNORED

Hannigan complitments

alwrmcusn

I found myself in the Banner Elk/Boone/Seven Devils area on a four day tour last week and realised I had a severe brake problem. Screeching and shuddering but they still were working reasonably well. I checked and found the right rear brake rotor was badly worn on the inside. The outside was still good. The left brake was also good. I compensated by using the downshift method a LOT more along with the front brake which I had just replaced.

When we got back to Rockwood I phoned Hannigan and explained that I needed a Rotor and brake pads. Jim Gooch asked me to send him some photos of the rotor which I did. He phoned back and long story short.....Hannigan overnighted!! the parts to me. WOW!! Yesterday a friend and I installed them and I now have a full set of working brakes. JFI the left back brake was very nearly gone and would have been grinding the rotor within probably a month or less!! I really expected the brakes to last longer but now I know!!

Kudos to Hannigan for their help and as Jim said in an email reply "Your being on the road is our best advertisement".

Hi Mike G

As visitors we had no idea where to dine so we asked people at the Smoketree and/or where we stopped to check maps etc. Surprisingly when we asked, people there were seemingly stymied by the question. We did receive one breakfast recommendation and it did seem to be a popular place (Grandview Cafe I believe) but I personally found it rather bland. We lunched one day at a small Chinese place in the Food Lion area. Very small buffet choice, disposable plates, plastic spoons/forks and again I personally was not impressed and Chinese is my favorite.

Maybe we need to include a places to eat section on the website(s). The Pedaling Pig was a nice place, popular and $$ about right. Cheddars in Asheville is a favorite for us when we're there. I'm not a big fan of the little Mom-n-Pop "home cooked" places. They are popular but once again, personally, if I want home cooked, I'd eat at home :whistling:.

The rear brakes were the sore spot for my conversion IMHO. I was not impressed with them and when I ended up with metal on metal in less than a thousand miles I was less than happy but they replaced them no questions asked.

So, what I did was replaced my master cylinder with a Wilwood 13/16" master cylinder that I ground off the mounting ears to make it as thin as possible and made up a plate to mount it to and modified the stock brake pedal mount to mount the plate and cylinder to, and then installed stock Honda CRX calipers and rotors along with SS lines and now I have plenty of stopping power with minimal effort which is to be expected with more than double the contact area. I used EBC slotted and cross drilled rotors as well.

I'm a happy camper in the brake department but still need to install my 14mm master cylinder, ss lines, and R1 calipers in the front...