IGNORED

Aint NEVER did see one of these afore....

cowpuc

I hope this aint to close to the "selling in the Waterhole" line here Don, if it is PLEASE forgive me and I will remove this thing - my intent with this is STRICKLY from a - WOW, LOOK AT THAT WEIRD THING perspective...

Was into sleds pretty heavy back in my shop days, did a LOT of business with a couple big dealer auctions.. Had sleds way back into the early 70's but never,, no not ever, did I ever see one of these...

Anybody else ever seen such a contraption??

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/4611034299.html

Guest divey
I hope this aint to close to the "selling in the Waterhole" line here Don, if it is PLEASE forgive me and I will remove this thing - my intent with this is STRICKLY from a - WOW, LOOK AT THAT WEIRD THING perspective...

Was into sleds pretty heavy back in my shop days, did a LOT of business with a couple big dealer auctions.. Had sleds way back into the early 70's but never,, no not ever, did I ever see one of these...

Anybody else ever seen such a contraption??

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/4611034299.html

"Dad" my first job out of high school in 1969 was with a Snow Cruiser/Arctic Cat dealer. The dealership got in an ARctic Cat road rocket for that era. It was a 650 (Panther I believe) with chrome tuned exhausts extending out both sides of the cowling. It was one of a kind and in a class of its own. I got to ride it only once and it was a thrill. On the farm we had a Snow Cruiser with a single cylinder, reverse and 21" track and I've seen lots of single ski machines but never one like you've pictured. That will make someone a nice restoration project. Doug

cowpuc. when I lived in MN brainerd.

there where a few of these around.

there is an antique rally in pine river MN.

one or 2 show up now and then

but they are rare.

I recall my first snowmobile

was a ski-daddler?

made by AMF bright orange and black?

I think they went that color because they had the Harley franchise back then

it went a whopping 35 mph LOL

then I went to a sno-jet dang near killed myself on thing

I hit a fish house at night with it. I was not paying attention

no lights on in the fish house.

thank god it was a canvas one. I took that thing out like it was nothing.

broke the hood on the sled

minnow buckets fishing poles and all scatterd every where.

I know of a fellow that worked for ski do I think it was. He was on a team that took care of the sleds they used in north pole and the like. Kind of like trucks more than sleds. Thats what this one looks like to me.

yep! not only did i see one but rode them and worked for a dealer that sold them back in the 60s. they wernt to bad on the flat land . the boss all most broke his thumb while going in and out of ditches when the handle bar made contact with the yoke on the sled with his thumb in the middle. such fun!:shock3:

cowpuc. when I lived in MN brainerd.

there where a few of these around.

there is an antique rally in pine river MN.

one or 2 show up now and then

but they are rare.

I recall my first snowmobile

was a ski-daddler?

made by AMF bright orange and black?

I think they went that color because they had the Harley franchise back then

it went a whopping 35 mph LOL

then I went to a sno-jet dang near killed myself on thing

I hit a fish house at night with it. I was not paying attention

no lights on in the fish house.

thank god it was a canvas one. I took that thing out like it was nothing.

broke the hood on the sled

minnow buckets fishing poles and all scatterd every where.

I remember those Orange and Black AMF Sk-Daddlers - I am with ya, sure seems they were Harley Colors!! Funny though, I vaguely also think I remember actual Harley Davidson Snowmobiles and, if I recollect correctly, they were Blue and White?? Some weird times for sure..

:rotf:I am :rotf:sorry OldGoat.. I dont :rotf::rotf:usually laugh at a :rotf:friends waterloo :rotf:but I gotta say:rotf:,, sometimes its impossible to not do so:rotf:... You ever watch The Red Green Show??

Bill,, Bill,, you might wanna slow down Bill,, Bill,, there's a fishing shanty there Bill...:rotf:

I rode one back in the 60's new red diablo rouge

yep! not only did i see one but rode them and worked for a dealer that sold them back in the 60s. they wernt to bad on the flat land . the boss all most broke his thumb while going in and out of ditches when the handle bar made contact with the yoke on the sled with his thumb in the middle. such fun!:shock3:

So,, am I assuming that thing drove like a dozer or tank? Slow down a track to turn it? I had a couple Raiders that were twin track also but NOTHING like this machine - those had ski's out front to steer with and were much later in design..

Bolens, wernt they big in the lawn mower makin dept? I spent a little time in Michigan thumb area in early 70's. also a couple winters vacations at an uncles lake house on lake Manistee. He had a snow machine that was an Evenrude,a neighbor had a McCulloch I think it was. It seems everyone that made outdoor equipment, outboards or the like made some sort of snowmobile. shoot even John Deere and Allis Chalmers. One of my other uncles had an AC dealer and at that time they sold them 6 wheel ATV things that use to be on HR Puff n stuff show.

Nope,,, never seen one of those before. I got my first sled in 1975, was sitting in a bar just outside KI Sawyer AFB in da up, guy sitting next to me at the bar looks over at me and say's... ya want to buy a cabin? comes with 5 sleds... nope, don't want a cabin but I'll give ya 5 bucks for one of them sleds.. he say's OK :cool10: so I follow him out there and he say's take your choice! I picked the Scorpion 440 race sled, loaded it nose first into the trunk of my 1970 Camaro ! Got to admit it looked a bit weird sticking out of there, but it did make it home to the Detroit area. I terrorized the neighborhood for several years with that thing :big-grin-emoticon:

I remember those Orange and Black AMF Sk-Daddlers - I am with ya, sure seems they were Harley Colors!! Funny though, I vaguely also think I remember actual Harley Davidson Snowmobiles and, if I recollect correctly, they were Blue and White?? Some weird times for sure..

:rotf:I am :rotf:sorry OldGoat.. I dont :rotf::rotf:usually laugh at a :rotf:friends waterloo :rotf:but I gotta say:rotf:,, sometimes its impossible to not do so:rotf:... You ever watch The Red Green Show??

Bill,, Bill,, you might wanna slow down Bill,, Bill,, there's a fishing shanty there Bill...:rotf:

So,, am I assuming that thing drove like a dozer or tank? Slow down a track to turn it? I had a couple Raiders that were twin track also but NOTHING like this machine - those had ski's out front to steer with and were much later in design..

to turn the thing u had to move the handle bar side to side as both tracks turn the same speed.

Wow! Had a 67 Snow Cruiser and a 68 Allouette (a great machine), but they sure weren't anything like that. Also got an old 60's vintage (I think) twin track Skidoo sitting in the bush beside my cottage that could likely be bought cheap. Pretty sure it would run.