IGNORED

Iron on patches

vicco27

Hi all, it's been awhile. I finally went somewhere, the West Coast rally at The Dalles in June, and got a patch that really means a lot to me. So, I found all of our cycle patches, both sew on and iron on. My question is: what is the proper procedure for ironing on an iron on patch? I know you use a needle and thread for the other kind. :)

Keep the shiny side up.

Guest HdHtr
Hi all, it's been awhile. I finally went somewhere, the West Coast rally at The Dalles in June, and got a patch that really means a lot to me. So, I found all of our cycle patches, both sew on and iron on. My question is: what is the proper procedure for ironing on an iron on patch? I know you use a needle and thread for the other kind. :)

Keep the shiny side up.

You have to be careful doing iron on patches. And it really hurts. If you use steam setting it does not scald your skin quite so much. The little blisters will go away after a week or so.

Oh, did you mean putting an iron on patch on a shirt??:whistling:

You have to be careful doing iron on patches. And it really hurts. If you use steam setting it does not scald your skin quite so much. The little blisters will go away after a week or so.

A tattoo would be less painful than an iron on

Actually you guys, super glue is the best way, its pain free and lasts a long time.. Just make sure ya get the thing lined up well before ya stick it on,, removing the patch to relocate when super glued will leave a patched shaped scar..

I would recommend sewing the iron on one as well.... then it is transferable.

I am with Kev, he makes a good point plus I never had really good luck with iron on patches and you dont wanna lose that awesome patch Vicco!!!

Do what I do use velcro! That way when I ride with the Harley crew and I can put on a Haley patch like Valvoline. When I ride with the Ventureriders I put on the Venturerider.org patch and if I ride with some first gen's I put on the UPS patch. :whistling:

Do what I do use velcro! That way when I ride with the Harley crew and I can put on a Haley patch like Valvoline. When I ride with the Ventureriders I put on the Venturerider.org patch and if I ride with some first gen's I put on the UPS patch. :whistling:

:thumbsup:

:rotf::rotf::rotf: :rotf::rotf:

Maybe you could design velcro motor covers and fairings for the same purpose:stirthepot:

Still eatin and riding brother!

Puc

GROAN........!!

Ya' gotta' be careful asking serious questions around this crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't expect a serious answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool10::rotf::no-no-no::whistling::whistling::bighug::depressed: some of the many expressions I go through when I read these posts!! LOL

Seriously, thanks for the many laughs guys!!!!

I think I will follow the suggestion of sewing on the patches.

All of the other suggestions were carefully analyzed thoughtfully rejected. We have a special sewing machine that will sew leather and my wife has decided to give me a discount if I'm good. :)

Keep The Shiny Side Up.

Now you tell me!! Thought I would surprise my wife an iron her's on while she was asleep. Her blisters are all gone but the Dr says it may take a few months before I can see to get on a motorcycle. Moral of the story "If it's bike related always ALWAYS wear a helmet. :255:

Now you tell me!! Thought I would surprise my wife an iron her's on while she was asleep. Her blisters are all gone but the Dr says it may take a few months before I can see to get on a motorcycle. Moral of the story "If it's bike related always ALWAYS wear a helmet. :255:

Captn, s log, addendem to mans code of secrets, former rule of "easier to asked forgiveness than get permission" does not apply in application of biker patches.